Cannot search immediately after unlock

Options
nocturne
nocturne
Community Member

If I type my password, hit RETURN, and then immediately after hitting return start typing the name of the login I want to search for ...

1Password 4 ignores my input for about half a second (the input does not get buffered - it's just silently dropped on the floor) and then for maybe another quarter second the app does not accept my input, but does trigger the standard MacOS "your input is invalid" noise, and then eventually it does start accepting input.

With 1Password 3, either this worked great, or the ignored-input delay was so tiny I never noticed it.

I'm on a zippy brand-new MBP, so this isn't simply that my hardware is slow.

To reproduce: type password into unlock, then type (in quick succession) RETURN 1234567890 and see how many characters actually go into the search box.

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @nocturne,

Thanks for reporting this. As mentioned in related topics here and here:

I've filed an improvement request in our tracker to support toolbar search field typeahead during main app launch. The workaround is simply to delay typing until the main window opens with the search field clearly active.

And I've now included your report with that request. I'm impressed how quick you guys are typing for this to be an issue. :)

This discussion has been closed.