Syncing with 1Password 4+3 and 1Password 3 for iOS

Options
MikeT
edited February 2014 in iOS
This discussion was created from comments split from: Sync data under iOS 1Password 3.7.2. on a safe way?.

Comments

• Sten
    Sten
    Community Member
    Options

Hello, I use 1PW 3.7.2 as last working version on my only 4 years old iPad 1 with iOS 5.1.1 on my Mac's I use 1PW 4.1.2
    After the Sync via Dropbox does not work anymore. I switched to the wireless sync, the same way as Kampf Katze.
    Thisway is now no longer working. It requires your new version 4.3 .
    Please tell me, how can I synchronize bought programs of OS X and iOS together.
    At least one transmission in one direction, io iOS I expect.

Thank you for your answer in advance.
    Sten

• Hi @Sten,

You can't use 1Password 4 for Mac to sync to 1Password 3 for iOS over the Wi-Fi sync. The way Kampf is doing it is this:

1. Configure 1Password 4 for Mac to sync to a folder on the drive
    2. Configure 1Password 3 for Mac to pick up the data file inside that folder, simply by double-clicking on the .agilekeychain file.
    3. Use 1Password 3's Wi-Fi sync to sync to 1Password 3 for iOS

I hope that helps.

• richsadams
    richsadams
    Community Member
    edited February 2014
    Options

It's been six months since mentioning that WiFi sync for 1PW4 and iOS 5.x would be implemented on the earlier thread. ???

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @richsadams,

Do you have a specific reference where it mentions Wi-Fi being implemented in 1P4 for iOS 5.x? The older topic linked to in the first post of this one doesn't refer to any specific versions of iOS.

This discussion has been closed.