Revert back to 1Password3

Options
jonjosuf
jonjosuf
Community Member

When Maverick came out, I installed and everything was slow and buggy, so I did a clean install. In my hast of downloading the latest and greatest versions of all my software, I installed 1Password 4 trial version. I need to revert back to version 3 which I have a license for. I purchased 1password 3 back in August of last year and it doesn't appear I qualify for any discounts. I love version 4 but cannot justify the cost at this time. Can I simply uninstall 4 and re-install 3?

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    edited November 2013
    Options

If you've added items in 1P4 then at the very least you'll want to set up folder sync so you have an up to date keychain that you can import when you revert to 1P3. There are undoubtedly other complications (like uninstalling the 1P4 browser extensions) so I'd wait for someone more expert to come along with full details of what you need .

Stephen

• jonjosuf
    jonjosuf
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Stephen. I have everything being up to Dropbox so I'm thinking if the files are backwards compatible, I shouldn't have a problem....

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Be aware that Dropbox sync no longer works with 1P3—see message #2 in this thread.

Stephen

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jonjosuf,

I would like to apologize for the delay in responding but we have been a bit overwhelmed since the launch of 1Password 4 for Mac. We're working hard to get back to our usual snappy responses and we really appreciate your patience.

I'm sorry to hear that you've been having trouble with 1Password 4. First of all, I would like to tell you that you are in fact eligible for a discount on 1Password 4, should you decide to purchase it. Simply head over to our upgrade page, and enter your license in the top field to see the discount that you qualify for. Right now there's even a launch discount available on top of the already discounted upgrade price, but I don't have any news on how long that will last. :)

However, if you do want to downgrade to 1Password 3, your 1Password data stored in Dropbox is backwards compatible, so version 3 will have no trouble reading it. (Please note that thread referenced above refers only to 1Password 3 for iOS, not 1Password 3 for Mac.) Before removing 1Password 4, please go to Preferences > General and uncheck "Always keep 1Password mini running" if it is checked. If you need to reinstall 1Password 3, you can find the legacy versions here.

And of course, don't forget to uninstall the version 4 extensions. You can get the version 3 extensions here.

If you have any further questions, please let me know - we're here to help!

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@jonjosuf, @Megan, apologies for not being clearer in post #4.

Stephen

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Stephen_C,

Your help answering questions here is much appreciated - keep being awesome :)

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @Megan. :\">

Stephen

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @jonjosuf.

I hope 1Password 3 is working well for you on Mavericks and that the clean install fixed problems you were having after the original upgrade. Be sure to let us know if there's anything we can help you with -- thanks!

• jonjosuf
    jonjosuf
    Community Member
    Options

Now it's my turn to apologize for the long delay in response. Thanks Stephen for the initial fast response. You supplied information that I was unaware of. Megan, I appreciate the link to the upgrade page. You actually provided a couple of viable options for me...thank you! As of last Sunday, I was still running the trial version of 1Password 4 and I was actually logged into your store to purchase the upgrade when the tornado sirens start blaring. We sustained some damage to our home but have lots of friends who lost everything...it's been a crazy week to say a least. So today Im back to researching my options and Ill most likely just end up upgrading to 4.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @jonjosuf. I'm so sorry for the loss you and your friends have suffered and hope you are all recovering safely.

About upgrading to 1P4, please check your email and see if that works for you.

• jonjosuf
    jonjosuf
    Community Member
    Options

Thank You sjk and the whole AgileBits Team...you guys (and girls) ROCK! Our communities have been overwhelmed with compassion...expressed in so many different ways by so many people. Once again, thank you...it is very much appreciated.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You're most welcome, @jonjosuf.

Everyone here appreciates your kind words and wishes you all the best!

• Anouk Stofmeel
    Anouk Stofmeel
    Community Member
    Options

I have the same problem: updated to 1password 4 on my mac, without realizing this means that 1password 3 on my iphone is no longer valid, and that i would have to BUY the 1password 4 on my iphone from the appstore for 15,99EUR.... I wanted to downgrade back to version 3 on mac, so i wouldn't have to hassle and find my way back to reverting to 1password 3 (i am no whizz kid so seriously the whole process in moving back a version puts me off...) the option of buying the upgrade with a discount sounds "fair", but i can't find my license key, as i purchased through App Store. . Can someone assist? Thanks!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Anouk,

I do apologize for the confusion here. The discount mentioned above was for 1Password 4 for Mac. Since you purchased 1Password 3 for Mac from the Mac App Store, you received the upgrade to 1Password for Mac completely free. Unfortunately, the App Store does not provide us an easy way to offer discounts on the iOS app.

1Password 4 for iOS is a powerful little app designed to work with the latest iOS and includes many of the features you have already been enjoying in 1Password 4 for Mac, including: a completely redesigned interface, iCloud sync, favourites, and much more. There's also a great new iOS7 design update on the way!

You can check out 1Password 4 for iOS in the App Store:

http://j.mp/1PasCS

However, if you do not want to upgrade, you can still keep 1Password 3 for iOS in sync with 1Password 4 for Mac. We'll just need to install 1Password 3 for Mac as an intermediary. Here's what you'll want to do:

I hope this helps, but if you do have any further questions, we're here for you!

This discussion has been closed.