Move to Dropbox missing from Preferences General drop down

Options
plw1080
plw1080
Community Member

I have 1Password 4.1.2 bought from Apple store on Mac Laptop OS X 10.9.1
Have Dropbox installed and working. I put data into the default 1Password vault
but am unable to put that vault onto Dropbox. The 1Password web page says:
Open the 1Password app and go to 1Password > Preferences > General & Click Move to Dropbox
but there is no option "Move to Dropbox". How do I put my 1Password data into the Dropbox?

Comments

• Hi @plw1080,

It sounds like you might be looking at the 1Password 3 documentation.

Please see this support article for 1Password 4 instructions:

Sync with Dropbox

Hope that helps! :)

• plw1080
    plw1080
    Community Member
    Options

The instructions in the link did not work. Here is why. When I got to the step Dropbox Sync, the link said "Click here to find the Dropbox folder ... choose folder" but in my 1Password at that step it said "choose vault ..." and when I clicked on it nothing happened

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @plw1080,

I'm so sorry for the confusion here. That 'choose vault' button you see should be 'choose folder'. We've filed an issue in our tracker to have this clarified (the article should at the very least match what you see in 1Password!) You should still be able to get syncing set up though.

When you click the 'choose vault', a Finder window should open for you and allow you to follow the rest of the directions that @JasperP posted. If you are unable to click this button, could you take a screenshot of what you're seeing? There are instructions on how to take a screenshot here: http://take-a-screenshot.org/. You can save the image to a service like Dropbox and include a link in your reply.

• plw1080
    plw1080
    Community Member
    Options

I think something is wrong .. there is a communications gap. The JasperP directions say "Click here to find the Dropbox folder"
    my popup says: "Click here to select a 1Password vault in Dropbox" ... anyway when I click on the "choose vault ..." a finder window
    pops up and no matter what I click "Open" on there, the Continue button on the DropBox Sync window stays greyed out.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/f6yfgxfew5hc3p6/Screenshot 2014-02-19 21.11.44.png
    Thanks for your help. Do I have the latest version of 1Password? (Version 4.1.2 (412009))

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2014
    Options

Hi, @plw1080.

Thanks for the additional description of your issue, with the screenshot.

After clicking choose vault you'll need to select a Dropbox folder where the new vault (keychain) will be created. If your Mac username plw1080, and you're syncing your primary vault, just choose /Users/plw1080/Dropbox as the folder. Like this (from your image):

I recently posted a more detailed explanation, with images: here, post #15.

Yup, version 4.1.2 is the currently the latest version from the Mac App Store. 4.1.3 is currently the latest version from our website.

Since 4.0.7, updates ending with even numbers are from the Mac App Store and those ending with odd numbers are from our website.

Please let us know if we can help you more with this or anything else.

• plw1080
    plw1080
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you, sjk. That solved the problem. Peter

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Peter ( @plw1080 ),

I'm so glad to hear that @sjk's instructions got you all sorted out! Again, my apologies for all the confusion, if we can be of any further assistance, we're here for you!

This discussion has been closed.