Safari Ext Reinstall Problem After Entering "Master Password" says "Connecting 1..2…3….4….5….6…7…

Options
russelmessick
russelmessick
Community Member

Hi,

The instructions on the 1Password site directed me to uninstall and update my 1Password Safari exertion to update the Chrome extension. So I did, unfortunately.

Now when I enter my 1Password "Master Password" in Safari I get this:

"Connecting 1" Then keep going "Connecting 2"…. Connecting 3….Connecting 4…and on and on….

What in the heck is going on with it? I'm loosing my mind. Anyone have an idea what I can do? Thanks!! Russ

I have major deadlines and a ton of work to complete today and I can't get into my work accounts since my passwords are in 1Password. This is not good. Please is you can help me. Thanks Russ

Comments

• russelmessick
    russelmessick
    Community Member
    Options

After uninstalling all, re installing just the Saf Ext, rebooting (still didn't work), then rebooting again, finally it worked. Wow, that was stressful….

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @russelmessick,

I'm sorry you initially had trouble getting the 1Password extension for Chrome working and am glad to hear that a few system restarts finally fixed it.

As a temporary fallback, it's usually possible to access your 1Password data through the main application and mini if the extension isn't working for some reason.

If you have any more issues with this or anything please let us know.

This discussion has been closed.