"Messages" and "Notifications" links

RichardPayne
RichardPayne
Community Member
edited February 2014 in Lounge

If I click messages or notifications at the top of the page they both take me to the main profile screen rather than the list of messages or notifications respectively. Surely the links should go straight to the right section?

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for taking the time to report this, @RichardPayne. I can't seem to reproduce this, though. Please ctrl- or right-click on the links at the top and select "Copy Link" (or similar depending on your browser). Could you let me know the URLs you are seeing for each link when copying them like that? Also, if they redirect to different URLs for you, could you let me know what URLs they each finally end up at? In my testing this is what I am seeing for both the URL in the link and the final page URL that loads:

Cheers!

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member
    edited February 2014

Hmm, messages seem to be working now.

Notifications link in the top bar: http://discussions.agilebits.com/profile

Notifications link on profile page: http://discussions.agilebits.com/profile/notifications

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Hmm, messages seem to be working now.

Great! :)

I'm not sure I know which link you're referring to when you say "topbar". Could you let me know the link text? I don't see "topbar" anywhere on the page when I search for it. Or perhaps a screenshot would be easiest.

That is the correct link. Funny, that I am seeing something different. I'll see if we can resolve this discrepancy.

Thanks again for reporting this.

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

The topbar is the black bar with my name, a messages link, a notifications link and a sign out link. The notifications link in the topbar leads to main profile page, not the notifications page which is accessible from the notifications link if the left sidebar on the profile page.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Gotcha. Thanks! I've edited your post to make it clearer (for Future Khad when he refers back to this). :)

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited February 2014

When I click the Notifications tab at the top of the forum page, I also get sent to my profile page, where I then again must click on Notifications in the left panel. I've found the annoying too, but didn't think enough about it to gripe.

The URL I get when clicking Notifications at the top of the forum main page is http://discussions.agilebits.com/profile

If I click on Messages, I am indeed taken directly to my messages.In fact, all of the other tabs at the top of the forum take me directly to the described section. Just not Notifications.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Thanks, @hawkmoth! Could you or @RichardPayne help me test something? Could you @mention me in a reply?

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member

@khad - yes, I can do that!

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

@khad, so can I.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Thanks, both of you! I thought I saw the "Notifications" link in the navigation at the top (next to the "Sign Out" button) display correctly, and I thought maybe it was dynamic based on if you have notifications or not. This is not the case. It's just the wrong link. Hope to have it fixed soon.

Your follow up is greatly appreciated. :)

This discussion has been closed.