Stop 1Password 4 for Mac Repeatedly Asking to Save Log-in on split user name and log in screen

Options
ArthurNieder
ArthurNieder
Community Member

Stop 1Password 4 for Mac Repeatedly Asking to Save Log-in on split user name and log in screen . This creates duplicate log ins. This happens with Bank of America, Merrill Lynch and PayPal. Please fix this. Thanks
Arthur.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ArthurNieder,

I'm sorry that 1Password is being a bit too persistent in asking to save new Logins lately! Are you accessing these sites using 1Password or logging in manually? If 1Password is locked when you log in to these sites manually, it has no way to know that you already have a Login saved and will prompt you to save again. To prevent this from happening again, try using 1Password to open and fill these sites for you.

You can also tell 1Password that you never want it to prompt you to save a Login for these pages:

• Add the website to the list below 'Automatically ask to Save new Logins' in Preferences > Browser
    • When the 'Save new Login' dialog box pops up, click the gear icon in the bottom left corner and select 'Never for this Site'

I hope this helps, but if you have any further questions, we're here for you :)

• John Mc
    John Mc
    Community Member
    Options

Having the same issue - I didn't know you had to log in to stop such activity - I'll give it a try

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, John Mc.

Please let us know if @Megan's tips resolve your issue or if there's anything more we can help you with. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.