1Password Mini does not Upgrade and Safari Extension is not Working

Options
timbreese
timbreese
Community Member

I just tried to install 1Password for Safari but even after uninstalling the Safari extension when I try to install version 4, 1Password mini in the menubar is still 3.9 and the Safari extension does not connect. Please advise.

Comments

• timbreese
    timbreese
    Community Member
    Options

I re-installed 1Password 4 and was prompted to install the Safari extension, I clicked the big green button, downloaded and installed but then got the same message: Looking for the 1Password app

The 1Password app must be installed for the extension to work properly.

It is installed!

• timbreese
    timbreese
    Community Member
    Options

The 1Password Safari extension that I was directed to was 3.9.20- that doesn't sound right.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @timbreese,

I'm sorry that you're having trouble with the 1Password extension right now. You're right, the 3.9 extension won't work too well with 1Password 4. Let's try installing again.

Please follow these steps:

• Open Safari.
    • Click Safari > Preferences in the menu bar.
    • Click the Extensions tab.
    • Click "Uninstall" for the 1Password 3 extension.
    • Restart your Mac.
    • Launch Safari and visit the following page: https://agilebits.com/browsers/index.html
    • Click the big green button, and follow the instructions on the new page to install the extension.

This should get you all set up, but please let me know if you're still having difficulties and we'll investigate further!

• timbreese
    timbreese
    Community Member
    Options

That worked. Thanks so much!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @timbreese,

Thanks for letting me know that you're all sorted out! If you run into any further snags, we're here for you :)

• dmilton
    dmilton
    Community Member
    Options

So, I'm going to have to reboot my Mac to get 1Pwd4 to rewrite some library file to acknowledge that it is running version 4 not version 3? How very kludgy and Windows like :-(

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @dmilton,

A system restart may not be required between uninstalling a 1Password 3 extension and installing one for 1Password 4, but you do at least want to restart that extension's web browser between those steps.

This discussion has been closed.