Connecting 1Password for Mac, PC, iPad via Dropbox

Options

I have purchased 1Password for my Mac, my PC, and for my iPad. I connected all of them via Dropbox in order to have the data synced. However, quite recently, the Dropbox interface used by the iPad is no longer compatible and I can no longer sync that device. Support suggested that I upgrade to 1Password version 4 for Mac, but I don't know what this will do to my syncing to the PC. Can the latest version of 1Password for the PC read the data file created/updated by 1Password 4 from the Mac?
Help to keep disparate system in sync would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Options

quite recently, the Dropbox interface used by the iPad is no longer compatible and I can no longer sync that device. Support suggested that I upgrade to 1Password version 4 for Mac

I'm guessing you're running version 3 for iOS and support suggested that you upgrade to version 4 for iOS (not for Mac).

Can the latest version of 1Password for the PC read the data file created/updated by 1Password 4 from the Mac?

Yes, provided you turn on Dropbox sync on your Mac.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2014
    Options

As I recall, an older iPad (like the 1st gen that I used to own) cannot run the version of iOS needed to run 1Password 4 for iOS, effectively shutting it out of the synchronization process altogether.

As @svondutch writes, though, you can still use Dropbox to share and sync your 1Password data between your Mac and PC.

On a related note, you can join folks waiting to work with 1Password 4 for Windows, currently in beta development, if you're interested.

This discussion has been closed.