Complex new banking login is screwing with 1Password 4

Options
rbpeirce
rbpeirce
Community Member

On the first page I enter my login ID and type in one of those security strings everybody is using today. If I use 1Password to do this it puts my login in both fields. I have to erase the second field and type in the number

The next page asks for my password. 1Password fills this in okay, but 1Password 4 thinks I am creating a new account and asks if I want to save it. I say update existing but the next time I log in it does it again. I don't mind gthe first time but it ought to remember I did it. Is there something I can set?

Comments

• rbpeirce
    rbpeirce
    Community Member
    Options

I could not find a way to subscribe to this thread. How do I know if somebody responds?

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @rbpeirce,

I'm sorry you've having trouble getting 1Password 4 to work correctly with your multi-page bank site. Let's first get a bit more background so we can better suggest how to fix this.

Which web browser(s) are you using? And which versions of 1Password, its browser extension(s), and OS X?

Did you originally create a Login item for each bank site page using steps similar to in the Create multi-page logins guide?

Thanks in advance for the answers.

To receive notifications for this discussion, depending on your preferences, you can bookmark the topic by clicking the star around the top right part of the page:

To view/modify your forum notifications preferences, open the Edit Profile page and click Notification Preferences in the left sidebar. If you make any changes click the Save Preferences button at the bottom of the page to save them.

• rbpeirce
    rbpeirce
    Community Member
    Options

I am using Safari 6.1.1 on OS X 10.8.5. 1Password 4 is 4.1.3. I don't know the release number for the extensions but they are the most recent.

I do not use a multi-page login. 1Password seems smart enough to know what to put on on each page.

What I would like to know is if there is a way to prevent 1Password from entering my login in the security string field and wanting to create a new login every time I log in? I done't want to turn off the auto-save feature because I need it for new web sites. I would just like to get 1Password to understand this isn't a new one!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @rbpeirce,

Our developers have been making some great improvements to 1Password's fill feature lately, so you could see some better behaviour here soon!

In the meantime, to prevent 1Password from asking to save on a particular site only, you can add the website to the list below 'Automatically ask to Save new Logins' in Preferences > Browser.

I hope this helps, but if you have any further questions we're here for you :)

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @rbpeirce,

You can also select the Never Autosave for this site option in the 1Password Save (or Update) Login dialog to add its domain to the list under the Browser tab of Preferences that @Megan mentioned:

And to reenable autosave just remove a domain from the list:

I hope this helps, too. :)

• rbpeirce
    rbpeirce
    Community Member
    Options

That worked and it solves 95% of my problems!!

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2014
    Options

That's great to hear, @rbpeirce. Thanks for letting us know.

Can we still help you resolve that remaining 5%? :)

This discussion has been closed.