Whose password?

jackr
jackr
Community Member

While struggling with the issues reported in Extensions can't unlock keychain, I encountered a problem on my iPhone: iPhone was unable to unlock the vault. In this situation, I encountered a prompt asking for a password, but I can't tell whether it's asking for the DropBox mount-point password, or for the 1Password vault password. Neither worked, a symptom of the "can't unlock" issue, but guessing it was a 1Password prompt, I'm posting this to suggest the wording should be improved. Perhaps "Please enter master password for 1Password data in Dropbox"?

Comments

• Nik
    Nik
    1Password Alumni

Sorry for the confusion, @jackr. It is indeed asking for your 1Password master password. We thought that using the phrase "master password" would be sufficient, but maybe we need to revisit this for clarity. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

• @jackr Just so we can all make sure we're on the same page, the next time it happens could you take a screen shot of the prompt and post it here? If you need instructions on how to take a screen shot you can find them at the aptly named http://www.take-a-screenshot.org Thanks!

best,
    Michael Fey
    mrrooni@agilebits.com
    AgileBits

• jackr
    jackr
    Community Member

There's a screen shot in the original post (the link behind "problem on my iPhone").

• Thanks @jackr, sorry I didn't see that the first time. I can certainly see how that dialog box would be a little confusing. It currently doesn't exist in the most recent betas so hopefully it won't be an issue going forward.

best,
    Michael Fey
    mrrooni@agilebits.com
    AgileBits

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member

OT:

@‌jackr

I know what your user picture is of, but every single time I see a post of yours . I think of Star Trek and "Q" I envision you as an admiral "Q" sitting on the bridge of the Enterprise.

You can see it yourself if you look closely (dwell on it for a moment, maybe two) or maybe I am just too huge a Star Trek fan. Oh well a little humor for a Thursday evening. Don't change it, it works really well. IMHO ;)

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2014

@jackr's avatar kind of reminds me of Max Headroom. :)

• jackr
    jackr
    Community Member

That one gets an amazing number of interpretations. I guess miss-association is the sincerest form of flattery :))

This discussion has been closed.