Master Password Not Updating Until Accessing App

Troneas
Troneas
Community Member
edited February 2014 in Android

So I changed my Master Password on 1Password 4 for Mac (dropbox sync).

The iOS version took the new password (as expected) but I was forced to enter the old password to be allowed into the android app after several rejected attempts trying my new password.

After the automatic dropbox sync I locked the app and relaunched it. I was greeted with the "quick PIN" screen. Shouldn't the master password appear when we specifically select lock from within the app?

Anyway I terminated the app and relaunched it and at this point I could insert my new master password which it accepted.

Comments

• Hey @Troneas. 1Password Beta for Android performs Dropbox sync after you unlock your vault. This is why you needed to enter your old master password. As soon as you unlock your vault, the beta downloaded all of the changes you made on your Mac, including the new master password.

Lock from the menu simply locks your 1Password vault, but with a quick unlock code if you have it enabled. Exit from the menu will perform extra clean up tasks such as clearing memory before exiting the app. This option will always ask you to enter your master password. I can understand why these two options can be confusing, and I will bring this up to our developers.

Thanks for sharing your feedback! Let me know if you have any other questions.

• Troneas
    Troneas
    Community Member

ok thanks for the reply. i brought this up because my iOS version of 1password did accept the new password when it was changed.

• You're welcome. Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

This discussion has been closed.