Message "database disk image is malformed" when adding a secure note [resolved; restored backup]

LeifS
LeifS
Community Member
edited February 2014 in Mac

Hello Support Jedi :)

I ran into the following issue when adding a secure note: message "database disk image is malformed" is displayed. item seems to exists and is displayed in 1P4. After closing and reopen 1P4 Version 4.1.3 (413002), item is not there anymore.
Changing a Login-item works 'normaly well'.

I'm a bit confused.

Thank you for your help in advance and kind regards

Leif

Comments

• Hi @LeifS‌

I'd like to take a closer look at your system here. Could you please send us a Diagnostics Report?

http://learn.agilebits.com/1Password4/diagnostic-report.html

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

Ben

• LeifS
    LeifS
    Community Member

Hi Ben,

diagnostic report should be own its way.

Leif

• LeifS
    LeifS
    Community Member

Support Team,

gave a quick answer:

So, if you see the "database disk image is malformed" error, it usually means that something has been corrupted in the database. The best option here is to restore to a previous backup:

To restore from a backup:
    1. Open 1Password.
    2. Click File > Restore…
    3. In the resulting window, choose the most recent backup (it will show you your item counts for reference)
    4. Click Restore.

If there are some new itemssice the 'working backup':

you can select all the items you want to export and then choose File > Export > Selected Items. Save this 1Password interchange file somewhere safe as it is not encrypted (don't put it anywhere online such as Dropbox). You can then restore thes backup and import the new items through File > Import.

I hope it will help the next one like it did for me

Thanks AgileBits for 1P & your support

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @LeifS,

Thanks for letting us know that you're all sorted out! I'm glad that the support team was able to help you :) If you run into any further snags, we're here for you.

This discussion has been closed.