Multiple 1Password.agilekeychains in different locations in Dropbox

ag_TJLuoma
ag_TJLuoma
1Password Alumni
edited February 2014 in Mac

I just realized that I have two 1Password.agilekeychain files.

One is at ~/Dropbox/Apps/1Password/1Password.agilekeychain and the other is at ~/Dropbox/1Password/1Password.agilekeychain

The file ~/Dropbox/.ws.agile.1Password.settings contains this:

Apps/1Password/1Password.agilekeychain

So I assume that is the one that most apps are using, but… I guess my question is… what do I do now?

1. Am I correct that the preferred path is ~/Dropbox/Apps/1Password/ ?

2. Can I merge these somehow? And, if so, how do I avoid ending up with a ton of duplicated data?

n.b. I have one computer which is stuck on Lion and, therefore, can only use 1Password version 3.8.21. My other Macs are running Mavericks, and my iOS devices are running either iOS 6 or iOS 7.

Comments

• wiston75
    wiston75
    Community Member

Same problem here....
    I'm using 1Password on a Apple MacBook, on Iphone 5s and on a PC Win 8.1.
    I've 2 1Password's file in Dropbox.... and the AppleMacBook has a different database......
    WHY????

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @TJLuoma,

The default location of your primary datafile is actually Dropbox/1Password/1Password.agilekeychain. We can clean things up fairly simply by resetting sync, but first I'd like to take a bit of a closer look at your system to see how much information is stored in . Could you please send us a Diagnostics Report for each of your Macs?

For your Macs using 1Password 4

http://learn.agilebits.com/1Password4/diagnostic-report.html

For your Mac using 1Password 3

Using your browser please download a small standalone tool from us that will run a networked copy of our diagnostics tool.

http://i.agilebits.com/kyle/tools/1Password_diagnostics.zip

After the download is complete, use Finder to locate it. It should be in your downloads folder. If the file ends in .zip then your browser has not already unzipped it. Please double click it to expand it.

The expanded file will have a "Unix Executable File" named 1Password_diagnostics. Double-clicking this will cause a Terminal window to open and download some files it needs. (Note: If you use OS X Lion or Mountain Lion, you may need to right click the file, choose Open, and click Open on the dialog).

Once it completes it should open a window in your browser with the results. Please click File->Save As to save this file to your computer. Please save it as "Page Source" or "HTML" if there are options for this.

If you do not get a report created, please copy and paste the output from the Terminal window so we can take a look at the errors that were created. This will help us figure out where the problem is in creating the diagnostics report.

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @wiston75,

It sounds to me like your computers are connected to different datafiles here. I'll need to take a closer look at your system as well to get a better idea of what's going on.

Could you please send us a Diagnostics Report for each of your computers? The link below should provide instructions for each of the systems you are using:

http://learn.agilebits.com/1Password4/diagnostic-report.html

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• ag_TJLuoma
    ag_TJLuoma
    1Password Alumni

@Megan — email sent with a link to this thread. Thanks.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @TJLuoma‌,

We've received your email, thanks so much for sending the Reports in! We'll follow up directly via email so that we don't get things muddled up between here and there :)

This discussion has been closed.