Persistent crashes at startup

Options
schellack
schellack
Community Member

In both the current iOS beta 4.5b37 (405037) and the previous build, 1Password crashes as soon as it tries to start, immediately after it brings up the master password prompt and before I can start typing. This behavior persists, even after killing the app (swiping up in the app switcher) and after restarting the iPhone.

I'm running an iPhone 5S on iOS 7.0.4.

The first time it crashed was earlier today when I started the app for the first time in a while, and right as it started to receive a phone call. The phone kind of locked up for 2-3 seconds before the new call screen actually showed up (the only indicator of activity was that the AT&T network icon changed from LTE to 4G, which always happens as soon as a call starts to come in).

After I answered and then subsequently hung up the call, it brought me back to 1Password, which immediately displayed a modal dialog telling me that the app had crashed and asking me if I wanted to report it. I hadn't seen the app actually crash, but I went ahead and selected the “yes, always report” option.

Then the app crashed, kicking me out to the iOS springboard. After that, I never received another error or prompt again, but it just crashes every time it tries to start.

I have also tried manually reinstalling from HockeyApp, but that doesn't help either. Before I completely delete and then reinstall, is there anything else you would like me to do to get you more information on the crashes?

Comments

• Thanks for getting in touch and letting us know, @schellack. I'd like to ask you to send me the crash reports from your iPhone. Here are the steps you'll need to follow:

1. Plug your phone into your computer and sync it with iTunes.
    2. Switch to the Finder, click on the Go menu and choose "Go to Folder..."
    3. Paste the following into the window that pops up: ~/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/MobileDevice/
    4. Select all the files that begin with 1Password and drag them to Mail in the Dock to create a new mail message.
    5. Send the email to mrrooni@agilebits.com

Let me know if you have any trouble here and if there's anything else I can do.

best,
    Michael Fey
    mrrooni@agilebits.com
    AgileBits

• Hello @schellack‌! I just wanted to let you know that beta 38 (due out tomorrow) should fix this crash for you. Thanks for taking the time to report it!

best,
    Michael Fey
    mrrooni@agilebits.com
    AgileBits

• schellack
    schellack
    Community Member
    Options

It does fix it. Thank you! And the new release is looking better than ever!

• Nik
    Nik
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@schellack‌ Awesome, glad to hear it. Thanks for the update and the kind words. =)

This discussion has been closed.