1Password 4 Mini App and 1Password Browser Extension

Options
jmbreitigan
jmbreitigan
Community Member
edited February 2014 in Mac

Hello, Do I really need both to use 1Password 4 to its full potential ? It would be nice to just use the mini app in the menu bar and disable the browser plug in. One less issue for me to worry about. Thanks for any input.
Regards John

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi John ( @jmbreitigan ),

1Password Mini and the browser extension work together to provide you with the best browsing experience possible. 1Password Mini is clearly the brains of the operation, and does most of the heavy lifting in terms of keeping your data synced up, but the browser extension provides the actual filling capabilities within the browser.

While you can't disable the browser extension without losing the ability to fill in websites, you can hide the Mini in the menu-bar so that you are only seeing it in the browser extension. Simply go to Preferences > General, and unselect 'Show mini app icon in menu bar'.

I hope this helps, but please let me know if you have any further questions :)

• jmbreitigan
    jmbreitigan
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you Megan, you answered my question. Sorry I took so long to get back to this thread.
    Regards, John

• Jasper
    Options

On behalf of Megan, you're welcome. I'm glad she was able to help you. :)

This discussion has been closed.