Cannot re-enable syncing with Dropbox

Options
alexmidd
alexmidd
Community Member

OK, so I deleted the data from Dropbox as I don't want to use it any more, instead I would like to keep my data safe and use internal wi-fi network to sync instead. however, I then discover that the Android app will only sync with Dropbox, not internal network (when is this going to be sorted out - 1Password is way behind in this regard). So, back to Dropbox for now.

However, the problem I am having is that when I try to set up Dropbox syncing again on my Mac, it asks me to "Select a 1Password vault in Dropbox", but it is directing me to select a file on the Mac, not in Dropbox, and there is nothing in Dropbox to select anyway. So, I am at a complete loss as to what I supposed to select at this stage. Can someone advise me please so that I can get some functionality back?

Thanks

Comments

• alexmidd
    alexmidd
    Community Member
    Options

It's OK, I have sorted it. It wasn't particularly obvious that I don't have to select an actual file when I get the dialog to select a vault.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @alexmidd,

I'm sorry you had some temporarily trouble with reconfiguring Dropbox syncing in 1Password and glad that you were able to resolve it.

I've included your comment with the related issue in our system about it not being obvious enough what to select during the syncing configuration. It's come up before, e.g. here and here. Thanks for adding your feedback on that!

This discussion has been closed.