Lost 1Password 3.7 from my iPod Touch 2G

alanackerman
alanackerman
Community Member

Is there any way to get it back? Is 1Password 3.7 compatible with IOS 4.2.1?

Since I installed 1Password 4 on my Mac, syncing (via Dropbox) stopped happening on my 1Pod Touch 2G (IOS 4.2.1). A year ago (December 2012) I fixed something unrelated by connecting my iPod touch 2G to my Mac and running Back Up Now and then Restore Backup... so I thought that was a safe thing to do.

False!

The restore failed to reinstall 6 apps, including Dropbox and 1Password "because the app could not be found". The apps are there on my Mac, and iTunes shows "Will Install", but it never succeeds. For example, right clicking on 1Password under Apps and selecting "Show in Finder" takes me to:

/Users/alanacke/Music/iTunes/Mobile Applications/1Password 3.7.2.ipa

I also tried to restore the backup I took in December 2012 -- but with the same results.

Last year I was running 10.7 (Lion) and now I am running 10.8 (Mountain Lion) so that might be why the restore worked last year and not this year.

Any ideas short of buying a new 1Pod Touch?

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @alanackerman,

I would like to apologize for the delay in responding to you here but we have been a bit overwhelmed since the launch of 1Password 4 for Mac. We're all working hard and putting in extra hours to get back to our usual snappy responses and we really appreciate your patience.

Since I installed 1Password 4 on my Mac, syncing (via Dropbox) stopped happening on my 1Pod Touch 2G (IOS 4.2.1).

Unfortunately, the issue you are seeing is the result of a recent change that Dropbox made to their API. We've written a blog post that should answer most of your questions here: http://blog.agilebits.com/2013/08/08/1password-3-dropbox-sync-faq/

But, the basic gist of things is this: due to these changes, 1Password 3 for iOS can no longer sync via Dropbox. We have created a brand new app (1Password 4 for iOS) which works with Dropbox's new API, however it is only available for devices capable of running iOS 6. I know this is not an ideal situation for someone such as yourself who is still using a older iPod Touch, so, I'd like to help you understand why this upgrade is happening. The service that Dropbox is retiring is now over six years old. Like Apple, Dropbox is quickly innovating its products. Sometimes, that means a company needs to retire legacy services in order to continue providing the best products possible. And while we'd love to be able to update 1Password 3 for iOS to make it compatible with Dropbox's new API, we're just not able to. When we launched 1Password 4 for iOS last year, we removed our three previous 1Password 3 for iOS apps from sale to avoid confusing customers. Apps removed from sale cannot be updated.

The restore failed to reinstall 6 apps, including Dropbox and 1Password "because the app could not be found".

You should still be able to download 1Password 3 for iOS by going to the App Store and selecting Updates > Purchases.

I hope this helps, but if you have any further questions, we're here for you!

• alanackerman
    alanackerman
    Community Member

You should still be able to download 1Password 3 for iOS by going to the App Store and selecting Updates > Purchases.

When I go to App Store and select Update on my iPod Touch 2G, all I get is the message "All Apps Are Up to Date". There is no option to select Purchases. I didn't find anything in Settings > Store, either.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @alanackerman‌,

Please try searching within the App Store for 1Password. If you are unable to find it there, you should still have access to it from iTunes on your main computer (again, look in the Purchased section.)

Let me know if you are able to find it there :)

This discussion has been closed.