Chrome Extension Stuck on Data From Demo App (Mac OSX) [Resolved via Email]

Options
photomankc
photomankc
Community Member
edited March 2014 in Mac

I'm using OS X Mavericks and downloaded the demo from the web to try out (1Password 4.app). Decided that I liked the app and also decided to buy it from the app store. I was not able to find any way to use the data from the demo version. I ended up using the export feature to move the demo data to the new purchased version. I removed and reinstalled the Chrome browser extension however the extension shows none of the updated logins that I have added since the purchase. No matter how many times I remove and reinstall the extension it continues to be frozen at the data contained in the demo version. The mini app in the menu bar is showing the correct data and updates items as I add them. Is there a way to correct this for Chrome? That's pretty much the only browser I use.

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @photomankc,

I'm sorry you're having trouble accessing your new 1Password data with the extension in Chrome. It sounds like there's some conflict between the trial version you originally used and the Mac App Store version that you've purchased.

So we can quickly get that sorted out for you please send us a Diagnostics Report from your Mac, along with a link to this topic, to support+forum at agilebits dot com. A brief comment here mentioning that you've sent the report would also be helpful.

Once we see the report we'll email you specific instructions how to fix this problem. Thanks in advance!

• photomankc
    photomankc
    Community Member
    Options

Report is sent. Thanks for the quick response.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

We've received the report, @photomankc -- thanks!

I've emailed you a reply with instructions for removing the leftover 1Password 4 helper process from the website trial version that was still running. That should fix the problem with the Chrome extension access the wrong 1Password data.

• photomankc
    photomankc
    Community Member
    Options

Instructions worked perfectly. Thank you!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @photomankc‌,

Thanks so much for letting us know you're all sorted out! Because the issue is resolved, I'm going to close the thread. If you hit any other snags though, don't hesitate to let us know, we're happy to help :)

This discussion has been closed.