Failed to unlock. Cannot load keychain profile. [Moved to Email]

Options
Shannon
Shannon
Community Member
edited March 2014 in Mac

I have 1Password 4 running on my late 2010 MacPro desktop, iPad and iPhone, all synced through DropBox. I have a family license for 1Password. All those devices work perfectly. I just configured a new 2014 MacPro desktop, installed DropBox, which is fully synced and works fine. I installed 1Password 4 on the 2014 MacPro and went through the following steps:

1. Opened 1Password 4
  2. Clicked the button that says, "I've used 1Password before"
  3. Where is your data? >> selected "DropBox"
  4. Chose my vault location on DropBox/1Password/1Password.agilekeychain
  5. Clicked "Continue"
  6. Welcome to 1 Password 4 (sign in screen) We found your data in DropBox. Unlock it with your master password.
  7. Enter my master password (correct and verified)
  8. Results in error message: "Failed to unlock. Cannot load keychain profile."

Troubleshooting:
Logged out of DropBox, restarted MacPro, tried signing in to 1Password multiple times, same error. Verified master password, signed in to all other devices and the master password is correct and all other devices work fine.

Copied the vault file: 1Password.agilekeychain from DropBox on my 2010 MacPro (where I know it's working) to a USB drive, transferred it to the 2014 MacPro and tried to open agilekeychain from the USB drive, same error.

Looked into Mac OS X Keychain Access on the MacPro to see if there was an agilebits entry and could not find one.

I researched the forums here and I have not found a solution other than to send in a diagnostics report.

Please advise.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Shannon,

Thank you for writing such a detailed report! I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble getting 1Password set up on your new machine. Let's just confirm that your datafile in Dropbox is intact:

• Navigate to www.dropbox.com
    • Open your 1Password.agilekeychain folder
    • Click on the 1Password.html file
    • Enter your Master Password and view your database - is it up-to-date?

If everything looks good there, we do want to get a bit of a better look at your system. Could you please send us a Diagnostics Report from both the 2010 MacPro that is behaving and the 2014 MacPro that is not?

http://learn.agilebits.com/1Password4/diagnostic-report.html

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• Shannon
    Shannon
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Megan,

Thanks for your help on this issue. I tried doing what you suggested, but oddly, there's no 1Password.html file in my DropBox, just the agilebits pw file and some .js files.

I created the two diagnostics reports and emailed them as requested, with some screen shots of what I see in DropBox.

I look forward to your help in resolving this.

Thank you,
    Shannon

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2014
    Options

Hi @Shannon,

Thanks so much for sending those reports in, along with the screenshots - very helpful! We have received them, and will follow up directly via email so that we don't get things muddled up between here and there :)

This discussion has been closed.