dropbox sync rate limit?

rolfl
rolfl
Community Member

I was getting dropbox sync errors tonight.
Didn't record details but after 1p4 complains and said to turn sync off and on
I saw messages mentioning auth_rate_ limit.
Is drop box limiting the API calls to o only transfer a certain amount of data or request per second?

Is 1p4 recognizing rate error? Should it slow down requests?

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

There are limits, but you should never even come close to them in normal usage. Please email us your diagnostics so we can better assist you: Settings > Advanced > Troubleshooting > Email Diagnostics

• rolfl
    rolfl
    Community Member

Sent diags

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Thanks! We'll work with you via email until everything is resolved so that we are not duplicating efforts or creating any confusion.

• BetaSteve
    BetaSteve
    Community Member

I'm having this same issue but only with the iOS iPad application. I am getting App Error 717 / Dropbox Error 583 Ratelimiting OAuth_Access_per_access_Token - App is being rate limited by Dropbox. There is no way within the iOS app to send you diagnostics but I do have a screenshot of the error message if you are interested. I do not get this error on the Mac client. I am syncing 1 MotoX (Android), 1 iPhone (iOS), and 2 iPads (iOS). Please let me know how to proceed. This is a very frustrating error with little to no documentation on your site and it seems all the fixes so far seem to want to be secret/behind the scenes instead of posting something in the open.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @BetaSteve,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with 1Password right now. This message is sometimes seen during an initial sync, particularly if you have a large database with many attachments, but as @Khad mentions above, this message shouldn't come up in regular use. If you are seeing this during a regular sync (and not the initial sync), please follow Khad's instructions above to create a Diagnostic Report on the iOS device that is reporting the error.

Thanks so much for helping us track this issue down :)

This discussion has been closed.