Am I missing something?

Options
Mathieu Beaupré
Mathieu Beaupré
Community Member
edited March 2014 in Mac

Hi my name is Matt, I had a purchased version of 1Password 3 on both my Mac and my iPhone, I use the one on my iPhone much more frequently than the one on my computer so I thought I'd update it to 1Password 4 and leave the one on my mac to 1Password 3.

To my dismay they were incompatible, so I updated my mac to the trial version of 1password 4, and now my trial is over, and I've removed it. I do wish to go back to 1Password 3 on both devices but 1Password 3 is nowhere to be found on the iOS App Store. So basically I've got a purchased version of 1Password 4 on my iPhone that won't sync to my Mac because it's back to 1Password 3 as I deleted 1Password 4's trial version now.

Is Agilebits forcing me to buy 1Password 4 on my Mac by removing 1Password 3 from iOS store or is there something I'm missing??

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Mathieu,

I'm sorry to hear that you're feeling frustrated with 1Password right now, and I'll do my best to get you sorted out just as soon as possible!

Now, there are several key differences between 1Password 3 and 1Password 4, but 1Password 4 for iOS can be kept in sync with 1Password 3 for Mac using Dropbox. You can find instructions for setting up 1Password 3 for Mac with Dropbox here: http://help.agilebits.com/1Password3/configure_dropbox_on_mac.html, and this guide will get you set up on the iOS end of things: http://learn.agilebits.com/1Password4/iOS/Sync/Dropbox/dropbox-getting-started.html

You're right, 1Password 3 for iOS is no longer available in the Mac App Store. We removed it from sale when we introduced 1Password 4 to avoid confusing customers. But because you have already purchased the app, it is still available to you in the Purchases section of the App Store. Simply open the App Store, select Updates, and then Purchases. 1Password 3 for iOS will be in that list.

All that being said, I'm curious why you decided to uninstall 1Password 4. Was there something in the program that wasn't working well for you? Our developers have been working hard to ensure that 1Password 4 is full of great new features and as user-friendly as possible, so if there is anything holding you back from upgrading, we'd love to hear about it! :)

This discussion has been closed.