Update password after Generate > Fill not applying?

Options
Lou Kosak
Lou Kosak
Community Member

Was just able to reproduce this behavior:

1. When I have to change a password on a website, and use the "Generate" > "Fill" button from 1password mini, it fills in the new fields correctly.
  2. Then, when I submit the change password form, a 1password dialog comes up asking if I want to update my password for the given account.
  3. When I confirm, the password isn't actually updated (neither in 1password mini nor in the full app). The next time I try to login, the password is still the old one and I can't.

Anybody else experiencing this? Any steps to correct?

Thanks!

Lou

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Lou,

I'm so sorry to hear that you've been experiencing this bug. The good news is that our developers have already tracked this sucker down, and you should see an update soon that fixes it.

In the meantime, you should be sure you manually update your Login entries. Again, my apologies for the inconvenience, I hope the update is available for you soon! :)

• Mike Althaus
    Mike Althaus
    Community Member
    Options

Same problem when manually entering a new password for a site. The browser plugin asks to update the existing login but it never actually changes to the new password. Hope this is fixed soon. Seems like it should be a high priority fix??!!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Mike,

You're right, this was a pretty high priority fix, and I'm so sorry that you've run into this bug. Happily the 4.1.2 (MAS)/4.1.3 (webstore) update should have fixed this for you! If you have the latest version and are still seeing incorrect behaviour, please let me know!

• Lou Kosak
    Lou Kosak
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Megan,

I'm running Version 4.1.2 (412009) and just experienced the same issue when using Generate Password > Fill. Is there anything I need to do to get the fix working with the newest version?

Thanks!
    Lou

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Lou ( @Lou Kosak‌ ),

I'm sorry to hear your password changes for Login items after using Fill in the 1Password mini Password Generator aren't being saved, even with 4.1.2. Which web browser(s) and version(s) of the 1Password extension is that happening with? And is it a problem with every site you've tried?

When using Fill in Password Generator a Password item with the password that was just filled is created, then automatically deleted after a corresponding Login item is updated. If a Login item isn't updated then you can check for Password items that have the updated passwords you need to manually update the Login items. I hope that helps until we can figure out and fix the problem you're having.

This discussion has been closed.