4.5b38 and Dropbox Sync

Options
gregspeechley
gregspeechley
Community Member

I did a fresh install of the 4.5b38 beta on my iPhone and iPad, initial population from Dropbox worked fine although still not seeing attachments which are present in the released versions. After the initial setup though, syncing is still not working for me at all. I can see changes syncing perfectly using the released versions but they never make it to the betas on the same devices.

Comments

• Hello Greg,

We are seeing the same issues internally and are working to get them taken care of. Thanks for taking the time to write in!

best,
    Michael Fey
    mrrooni@agilebits.com
    AgileBits

• HRD
    HRD
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @MrRooni As I have commented in another thread, you should stop updating betas until the issue with Dropbox sync has been resolved

• ethansisson
    ethansisson
    Community Member
    edited March 2014
    Options

@HRD, for my sake, would you mind explaining how doing that would be beneficial? I know it probably seems obvious to you, but for some reason I'm having trouble understanding it, and I would like to. Feel free to disregard if you don't want to go through the trouble. I don't want you to feel like I'm badgering you.

• HRD
    HRD
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @ethansisson My reasoning is simply - if you can't trust the App to sync I don't see the point of using it. I make all of my changes on the OS X beta version and wish to have confidence that these will be replicated correctly. There is a difference between bugs and a design flaw, and these should be resolved before any further updates are shipped.

• ethansisson
    ethansisson
    Community Member
    edited March 2014
    Options

Ah I see now why it's important to you. Thanks. I didn't get it before because it doesn't bother me as I'm using 4.3 (the public release version) for my primary 1Password version until sync is working better in the beta, and using beta only for testing. Perhaps you could do the same? Personally, I don't want AgileBits to stop releasing beta updates because I'm actively testing features other than sync and the beta updates contain good fixes. I think it's a good feedback loop. It keeps me interested in testing when I can see the progress being made.

Either way, thanks for being involved. It's good for AgileBits to have passionate beta testers.

@HRD‌

• HRD
    HRD
    Community Member
    Options

@ethansisson We will see how AgileBits respond to these various comments but they are silent at present.

• Nik
    Nik
    1Password Alumni
    Options

We're just working hard on 4.5, that's all. =) Betas are incredibly important. As @ethansisson said, there's other stuff going on besides sync. As well, I echo @ethansisson‌'s recommendation that testing the beta version shouldn't deter you from using the App Store version for all your "real work." That way, no matter what's going on with the beta, you'll still have a properly working app.

Thanks for your input! I look forward to hearing what you think about the improvements in the next beta. Cheers. =)

• hch3
    hch3
    Community Member
    Options

I've been having success with syncing back and forth between the official AppStore version and the latest beta. I do see some delay but if I kill both apps and restart them usually they sync the data.

This discussion has been closed.