iOS Apps won't use existing Dropbox file

Options
stephen2
stephen2
Community Member

I have erased all data from the iOS apps and then asked the app to sync with Dropbox where I have my 1Password keychain which I use on my Mac (3.8.1) - the iOS apps keep making a new keychain rather than using the one that is already there. Is there a way to get the iOS app to use the same keychain as the Mac?

Unless the Mac keychain is using an old format that isn't compatible with the iOS apps, I can't think what the problem is.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @stephen2,

Since you've already erased the data from your iOS app, let's go the next step further and reinstall the app entirely to see if it can find the existing data in Dropbox. Try this:

• Ensure that the Dropbox app is installed on your iOS device and logged in with the same account as on your Mac.
    • Tap & hold on the 1Password icon on the home screen. It will begin to move slightly, and an x will appear on the corner.
    • Tap the x on 1Password, and confirm the deletion.
    • Press the Home button to stop the other apps on your screen from moving.
    • Delete the Data on iCloud (if it exists): http://learn.agilebits.com/1Password4/iOS/Tutorials/ios-reset-data.html

(Please note that deleting the 1Password data in Documents and Data is removing only the sync data from the device, and has no effect on the 1Password data stored in iCloud.)

• Restart your iOS device
    • Now, visit the App Store on your device, and tap the Purchased section (on iPhone, Purchased is nested within Updates).
    • Find 1Password in your purchase history and tap the cloud icon to re-download, free of charge.

• When you open 1Password 4 for the first time, select "I've Used 1Password Before" and sync via Dropbox

This should get you all set up, but please let me know if you hit any snags, and we'll get you sorted out! :)

• stephen2
    stephen2
    Community Member
    Options

Worked a treat with iPhone, still to try on iPad but I'm confident it'll now work. Thanks :-)

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @stephen2,

Thanks so much for letting me know you're at least half-way sorted out! I'll keep my fingers crossed that iPad behaves for you as well :)

This discussion has been closed.