How to restore from backup

Options
Pacifica
Pacifica
Community Member

I can't believe it, truly can not believe I have to write a post about this. Restoring data from a backup should be a 100% functional feature number 1. Yet here I am clicking around like an idiot unable to restore from a backup that 1Password creates. The import button just open prefs. Showing a list of backup files, none of which I want. I have a some backups I downloaded from my offsite backup server but how on earth do Import the one I want into 1Password? You'd think the import button would do that but no. What gives here???

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Pacifica,

I'm sorry you're having trouble with restoring 1Password data from a backup. Please give this a try:

• Run 1Password 4.
    • Select Restore… from the File menu.
    • Select the backup you want to restore, probably the most recent, then click the Restore button.

I hope that successfully restores your 1Password data. If you do need more help with this please let us know.

• Pacifica
    Pacifica
    Community Member
    Options

1password does not let you file browse for a backup. Backups must already be the special backups folder buried deep inside the home directory. I wound up restoring a backup. Besides why did icloud lose my secondary vault?

• Jasper
    Options

Hi @Pacifica,

The latest beta version of 1Password has added a "Find Backups" option that allows you to browse for a backup file. Sorry for any inconvenience in the mean time!

Each secondary vault has independent sync settings, which means that only your primary vault is stored in iCloud. To change the sync settings for each vault, switch to that vault and go to 1Password > Preferences... > Sync. Please note that iCloud only supports syncing of your primary vault, other vaults must use a different method such as Dropbox.

Please let us know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.