1Password won't Launch

Options
dubman
dubman
Community Member

Just tried to edit a password in my Mac version and the program will not launch. Nothing shows in Activity Monitor associated with 1password or agilbits. Any suggestions on where to look or what to do?

MacBook Pro (Retina 15inch mid 2012)
OS 10.9.2
Build 13C64
1Password V. 4.1.3

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @dubman,

I'm sorry to hear that 1Password 4 isn't launching for you. What happens when you try running the main application from the system /Applications folder? For example, do you see the main window appear at all or the 1Password 4 icon in Dock? Had it been running okay before and suddenly stopped working? And have you restarted your Mac since this problem started?

If it still won't run after a system restart please try reinstalling the 1Password 4 application:

• Open the Download AgileBits Software page in your web browser.
    • Under 1Password 4 for Mac, click the blue Download Now button to download version 4.1.3.
    • This downloaded file comes wrapped in a ZIP file. What happens with this ZIP file depends on how your browser is configured:

• Some browsers will automatically open safe files. In this case, the file will be automatically unzipped for you and you will see “1Password 4” in your Downloads folder.
      • If the file wasn’t automatically unzipped for you, you will instead see a ZIP file in your Downloads folder. Double-click this file to unzip it.
    • Drag 1Password 4 from your Downloads folder into your main Applications folder, replacing the older version you'd previously been using. Please do not use any "app delete/cleaner" utility to remove 1Password.

Then see if this freshly installed version will open normally, with all of your 1Password data preserved.

And if that doesn't fix the problem please send us a Diagnostics Report from your Mac, along with a link to this topic, to support+forum at agilebits dot com. A brief comment here mentioning that you've sent the report would also be helpful.

Once we see the report we'll be able to better assist you with getting 1Password 4 running again. Thanks in advance!

• dubman
    dubman
    Community Member
    Options

I'm not at my computer now, but I will try to reload when I get home. When I try to launch the program, nothing happens. The Icon will flash like it is starting but then nothing happens. I have restarted several time to no avail. It had been running fine before I did the last system update but with the mini app, iOS apps, and plug-ins I'm not launching the actual program that much. I honestly couldn't give you a definitive answer as to the last time I opened it.
    Thanks for your help.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for the followup, @dubman.

Is it the 1Password 4 Dock icon you've seen flashing? I look forward to hearing from you again and getting this resolved.

• dubman
    dubman
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry for the delay. I re-downloaded the software and that seemed to fix the problem. I forgot to save a Problem Report before I installed it but I did make a copy of the Console Log around that time. If you would like to see that I can send it to you, it was something about "unable to load nib file: MainMenu" and "exiting code 1." Thanks again for your help.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @dubman,

I'm so glad to hear that things are working for you again! If all is well on your end, we don't need to look at the Console Log right now. If you run into any further snags though, please do let us know and we'll investigate further :)

This discussion has been closed.