A couple of oddities with Wi-Fi sync in 4.5b40

Options
donnywdavis
donnywdavis
Community Member

I was attempting to sync with Dropbox, but after seeing that the sync was never finishing and seeing that that was a reported issue I decided to turn it off and go back to Wi-Fi sync for the moment. Here's a couple of things that I noticed after syncing my iPad and iPhone. Both iOS devices are running 4.5b40 and my MBP is running 4.2.BETA-12.

1. I removed items from a couple of folders on the Mac and then deleted those folders. When performing the Wi-Fi sync it removed the items from the folders but left the folder and it shows as empty on both devices. I can manually remove the folders from each device.
  2. There were 5 items showing with conflicts on the Mac. I resolved these conflicts and then performed the sync on the iPad. Instead of updating the iPad with the resolved items it added the conflicts back to the Mac. After I resolved them this second time and synced back to the iPad they did not show up again. When syncing the iPhone it added these same 5 items back as a conflict. Like the iPad when I resolved the items this third time on the Mac the conflicts didn't sync back anymore.

Comments

• Thanks for the report @donnywdavis‌, I've opened issue for both of these items. Let us know if there's anything else we should be aware of and thanks for being part of our beta family!

This discussion has been closed.