B39 Unable To Sync "Sync Source Object Is Missing"

Options
McCarron
McCarron
Community Member

1) Since the last few versions when I try to sync Dropbox I've been presented with the following ugly and confusing view. Which of the three grouped keychains should I be using? The dates are all over the place and none of them work quite right for me on b38 only syncing 300/1000 items. None of them work on b39. This hasn't been mentioned at all in the release notes so I worry that you plan on keeping this confusing user interaction so I wanted to bring it up, which I'm sure has been brought up here but it's hard to find/sort through other reports. I've had to go back to the iOS 6 app since this is so unmanageable for me.

2) Now on b39 when trying to do any Dropbox setup at all, and choosing any of the three agile keychains in Dropbox I get the following nasty popup error about "Sync Source Object Is Missing" multiple times. Then shows in the various views that it's syncing, but it's not and puts me thru the setup process seen in #1 over and over again. So now it's completely broken.

Comments

• hch3
    hch3
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having the exact same issue. I also saw in the notes it discussed not being able to sync with Dropbox installed, I uninstalled and still can't sync.

• ethansisson
    ethansisson
    Community Member
    Options

Same for me on #2. I have deleted the Dropbox app from my device.

• Nik
    Nik
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for the reports, everyone. I'm very sorry for the trouble. I've been hearing reports of Dropbox and iCloud sync trouble since b39 was published. I have a few ideas, but nothing really concrete until our devs get in and have a look at what's going on. One of the things I've suggested to others is actually logging into the Dropbox web site and revoking 1Password for iOS's authorisation, then having b39 re-auth. I wouldn't rush to do this, though, as no one has yet told me that this has actually helped.

Fortunately you all have the App Store version installed so you can continue your work, right? If not, I strongly recommend keeping the App Store version and the beta version installed. I can't even imagine being stranded without my 1Password data! Hang in there; hopefully we'll have some clarification from our devs soon.

• ethansisson
    ethansisson
    Community Member
    Options

I gave unlinking 1Password through dropbox.com a shot, @Nik, but no luck. I still get the sync source object error.

• ashpole
    ashpole
    Community Member
    Options

Strike a +1 for me. My Object has gone missing too, my wife said to try under the bed but it wasn't there either

• nateboateng
    nateboateng
    Community Member
    Options

Same issue here. Luckily the data is still there in the app, just no sync.

• lawrencium
    lawrencium
    Community Member
    Options

Experiencing the same Dropbox sync issue here. Hopefully it is fixed soon, though the data within the app hasn't disappeared.

• gc916
    gc916
    Community Member
    Options

More feedback, in case it helps.

I received the "Sync Source Object is Missing" message. I then went to Start Syncing>Sync with Dropbox>Connect Another Account. Got the "1Password Beta would like to access all files..." message and tapped Allow. Sync did not start.

I repeated the procedure and got the same result. This time, I shut down the beta and restarted. It now indicates that it is syncing, and I saw many messages on my MacBook that Dropbox files were being updated, but items in the beta are not actually updated.

It also seems that the app is much less responsive to screen taps than it was previously.

• film_girl
    film_girl
    Community Member
    Options

Just wanted to add that I'm also getting the same Dropbox error. It was working fine with b38 so at least anecdotally on my end, it seems like a more recent change.

Thanks for all your continued hard work!

• plindeman
    plindeman
    Community Member
    Options

Have the same problem here. I have de-authorized 1Password beta on the Dropbox site and try to re-authorize the app again. When authorizing the app crashed and now it only crashes when trying to start.

• roelvano
    roelvano
    Community Member
    Options

Same here.. :(

• rolfl
    rolfl
    Community Member
    Options

Same

• Thanks for the reports everyone. We've been able to recreate the same problem internally and are taking a look at it.

best,
    Michael Fey
    mrrooni@agilebits.com
    AgileBits

• McCarron
    McCarron
    Community Member
    Options

Good work Rooni. I owe ya a Chicago deep dish pizza!

• Yum! Thanks buddy. :)

• hch3
    hch3
    Community Member
    Options

New beta is a MASSIVE improvement. App feels much more smooth in general and the syncing is working extremely well.

• McCarron
    McCarron
    Community Member
    Options

New Beta is much better. Chicago Pizza is a great motivator for Michael ;)

I did get that Dropbox error on startup he first time after update, but not since I re setup Dropbox.

• Ha, I wish I could take the credit (though I will still take the pizza). I will be sure to pass it along to Roustem!

This discussion has been closed.