Push to Dropbox

Options
RichardPayne
RichardPayne
Community Member

Monkey boy here deleted his keychain from a PC's dropbox folder and dropbox dutifully deleted it from the server too.
I'm happy to note that 1P for Android seems to have ignore the missing keychain and has not deleted its local copy.

However, I can't find any way to re-push it back from the Android device to dropbox. Does such a capability exist, and if not, can we have it please. :)

Comments

• saad
    Options

1Password for Android should give you an error if the agilekeychain is missing from your Dropbox folder. Are you receiving any errors? At the moment, a new agilekeychain cannot be created in the beta. You can only work with a pre-existing one. This is something our dev team will look into implementing in the near future.

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, I am getting errors.
    Clearly the existing keychain is still present on the Android device. I just want the option to manually push it back to Dropbox.

• saad
    Options

The content of your data file is present on your Android device but it's not stored in an agilekeychain format. Unfortunately, there isn't a way to generate a new agilekeychain from the existing data on your device. I can understand how important this will be, and I will pass on your comments to our dev team.

At the moment, you will need to either copy all of the items manually to a new keychain on another device or you can restore from a backup created on your Mac or Windows PC. I apologize for the inconvenience as I know these are not the best options. Did you need assistance in restoring from a backup?

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member
    Options

No I'm good. I had it backed up, but it wasn't easy to get hold of it at work.

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member
    Options

Out of technical curiousity, why don't you store the agile keychain file on the device?

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member
    Options
  • saad
    Options

Thanks for sharing the link. Let me know if you have any other questions.

This discussion has been closed.