Out of sync

Options
ambivalentgeek
ambivalentgeek
Community Member

I just noticed 1Password is all out of sync. I updated a new account number on my iPhone last week, and today noticed it's not updated in my Chrome extension. Opened 1Password on my work PC and it's not updated there either. So in Dropbox, under Dropbox\1Password\1Password.agilekeychain\data\default I've got three copies of a similarly named file, two of them appended with 'conflicted copy'. What happened? How do I get everything back in sync?

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ambivalentgeek‌,

I'm sorry to hear that you've been having trouble keeping things synced up. In order to give you the best steps to get this resolved, I'll need just a bit more information about your 1Password ecosystem there:

• Please let me know the version numbers of both 1Password and your operating systems on all computers and devices currently using 1Password.
    • Where is your most up-to-date data file?

Once we have a few more details, we should be able to give you steps to get this all sorted out :)

• ambivalentgeek
    ambivalentgeek
    Community Member
    Options

Home PC: Win 7, 1Password version 1.0.9.340
    Work PC: Win 7, 1Password version 1.0.9.340
    Laptop PC: Win 7, 1Password version 1.0.9.340

Can you tell me what data file you're referring to?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ambivalentgeek‌,

Thanks for sending along the version numbers! Since there are multiple computers involved here, I'd like to take a closer look at your system to find out where sync is getting messed up.

I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from each of your Windows PCs. They are easy to generate and gives us an idea of what is going on 'under the hood' with your installation of 1Password.

To create a diagnostics report please open 1Password for Windows, then click Help->Diagnostics Report->Export to File. Save the file somewhere you know you can easily locate.

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

In your email, please also tell us where your most up-to-date data is: does the iOS app have the most complete version of your password database, or is it on one of your PCs?

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• ambivalentgeek
    ambivalentgeek
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you, I emailed the diagnostics report files.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ambivalentgeek‌,

Thanks for sending those reports in! We'll follow up directly via email so that we're not creating confusion or duplicating any efforts. :)

This discussion has been closed.