Can't change sync option in 4.5b39

Options
donnywdavis
donnywdavis
Community Member

After updating to b39 I went in to try out the iCloud sync. Once selected it asked to add the items to iCloud like normal. I don't have the Mac beta set to the beta container for iCloud so was going to switch back and do a wifi sync one more time and noticed that it would not let me select another sync option. It's like once I selected iCloud sync it is now locked down and won't allow it to be changed.

Of course if that is a feature then it is working really well. :)

Comments

• donnywdavis
    donnywdavis
    Community Member
    edited March 2014
    Options

It seems that quitting the app and restarting corrects this. Upon restarting the app I get the dialog message the 1P will no longer sync b/c it cannot read the sync file. When I go back in to sync settings it will allow me to choose a new sync setting. This was consistent behavior after trying it a couple of times.

• donnywdavis
    donnywdavis
    Community Member
    Options

New feature for this issue. :)

4.5b40 will now prompt to disable sync when changing from iCloud sync. However, once you select disable sync you have to close and reopen the app before it will let you select another sync service.

Also when selecting iCloud sync it does not update the settings window with the sync information until you go back to the main settings page and then go back into the sync page.

Another little nit-picky thing lol. Would it be possible to have the sync service show as iCloud instead of Folder similar to how it shows Dropbox when that is the sync service?

• Thanks for all the great reporting, @donnywdavis, both here and all your other posts. We are still working out some kinks in the iCloud sync so keep an eye on the release notes in upcoming betas.

• donnywdavis
    donnywdavis
    Community Member
    Options

@MrRooni my pleasure. Sorry for the barrage of posts but this is what happens when my wife works third shift and I have nothing else to do but tinker until late into the night lol.

Keep up all of the great work. :)

• Cheers Donny, we're happy to have you helping out!

This discussion has been closed.