Software licenses added are blank

Options
cyrilmalka
cyrilmalka
Community Member
edited March 2014 in Mac

Hello,

I have 1Password 4.2 (420017) on a Mac OS X 10.9.2.

When I add an app to 1password by pulling it on the icon on the dock or directly in the open window, one of two things happen:

• I can see the program beeing added, but if I click on the button Edit to see if the code and all is in, the page is blank. There is just the name of the program and the version number but no other information (for example with Transmit or with Typinator)

or

• Nothing seems to happen, I can't see anything appearing and if I try it again, I get a message telling me, that I already have this license registered, and asking me if I want to do it one more time.

Any idea of what is wrong?

Thank you for your answers.

Cyril

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @cyrilmalka‌

I can see the program beeing added, but if I click on the button Edit to see if the code and all is in, the page is blank. There is just the name of the program and the version number but no other information (for example with Transmit or with Typinator)

This I can reproduce, and seems to be the standard behavior in 1Password 4. I'll have to talk to our developers and see if anything more is intended, or if that is how it is supposed to work.

Nothing seems to happen, I can't see anything appearing and if I try it again, I get a message telling me, that I already have this license registered, and asking me if I want to do it one more time.

This I'm not able to reproduce. Could you please give me an example (or a few examples) of an application this happens with? Preferably something that can be downloaded for free.

Thanks!

Ben

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

I get the same result as in the first of these two comments, though the program icon is shownm. I assumed it was intended behaviour. License can be stored in so many ways that I would not expect 1PW to be clever enough to fill in the data for me.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @cyrilmalka and @danco,

About the first issue:

Licenses keys and other information aren't stored in application bundles so any Software License items created by dragging those app bundles onto 1Password's Dock icon or into its main application window will only have basic details, just like you've discovered and reported.

About the second issue:

Just like Ben, I wasn't able to reproduce it when testing with a variety of software so any specific example(s) you have could be helpful. :)

Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.