Disable "Option" to show password

Options
Tarrant
Tarrant
Community Member

When 1password is open if you press the "Option" key it will un-conceal the password.

This is a major problem for me because I use the option key to either switch windows or switch spaces. If someone is behind me then I can (and once have) accidentally display the password.

Is there anyway to disable this "feature" (or curse)?

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Tarrant,

Thanks for letting us know about this. The short answer is that no, there is not really a way to disable this at the moment. I can see how it would be helpful though, so I'll certainly pass the feedback along to our developers.

Thanks!

Ben

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

It would need to be a choice for the user. I can't be the only person who finds pressing Option to reveal the password is useful.

Perhaps a hidden preference would be best.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Tarrant,

Following up on Ben's earlier reply, I've added your comments to the report I filed about this issue of unintended/undesirable revealing of passwords and other hidden fields with Option key usage. It's been a pet peeve of mine for awhile. :)

I hidden preference to disable/enable it, like @danco suggests, is one possibility. Another would be a different method of temporarily revealing hidden fields so it doesn't overlap with Option key usage.

• Tarrant
    Tarrant
    Community Member
    Options

Hey @oversoul and @bwoodruff thanks for the replices. I'm glad to hear that the issue is being considered.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You're welcome, @Tarrant, from both of us. :)

This discussion has been closed.