1Password 4 extension incompatible with current 1Password for Windows

Daniel Cousineau
Daniel Cousineau
Community Member
edited March 2014 in 1Password 4 for Windows

My Windows install is really only used for games and while I use chrome occasionally when I'm logged in, it's not for very long.

I like keeping my Chrome instances all in sync but the "1Password 4 browser extension doesn't work on Windows" dialogue is getting annoying.

Could I please have the option to permanently dismiss this message? I'm fine working in the 1Password app manually as needed and I'm fine waiting for an updated Windows version, the problem is there's no way in Chrome for me to disable the extension on Windows-only without messing up the copy of chrome on my primary os (OSX) which I use for work.

Comments

• kevinmook
    kevinmook
    Community Member

I just came to the site and registered to ask for this exact same thing. I have 1password 3 installed on my pc, but use 1password 4 on my mac. This works fine except the "1Password 4 browser extension doesn't work on Windows" dialogue keeps popping up!

• kevinmook
    kevinmook
    Community Member

I saw your comment on another thread, "It'd be nice if the extension could alert the user once and then be quiet." "Good point. I have changed this in 1.0.9.337"

That should solve my issue - I use chrome to sync many extensions so disabling that isn't an option for me. Thanks for the workaround.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi Daniel and @kevinmook,

Thanks for taking the time to write in with your feedback. We know that extension sync has been a messy issue since 1Password 4 was released for Mac, and we do apologize for the inconvenience.

Our developers are working hard to make this better for you though! As Stefan has said here:

I'm working around the clock trying to migrate the 1P4 browser extension to Windows. Pretty soon, I will have a beta version and you can re-enable Chrome Sync for your extensions. Please hang in there.

We really appreciate your patience as we work to get this issue solved :)

• datico
    datico
    Community Member

Thanks Megan. I'm waiting to upgrade to 4 because I use both mac and PC for work. I found this page with release versions for the Windows version of 1P: https://agilebits.com/onepassword/win/release_notes
    Will the extension update be listed here when ready? Or is there another release notes page for the extension? Anywhere to find out the status of the beta? Thanks.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2013

Hi, datico!

Our blog will be the primary source for news of a beta program for 1Password for Windows.

I'm sorry to say that I'm not sure whether extension updates are included with new releases of 1Password for Windows, or you have to update the extension manually in each browser. (As I recall, it's the former, but it's been a while since I checked.) I'll try to get the answer ASAP. Regardless, I don't believe they're included on the web page you mentioned.

Thanks again for your patience!

David

• kirkwood
    kirkwood
    Community Member

Was wondering when this will be addressed? Its frustrating not being able to sync my chrome apps across all browsers.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Hi, @kirkwood.

This will be resolved with the release of 1Password 4 for Windows, currently in beta development.

You're welcome to sign up ( here ) to join the folks interested in working with the beta program.

• Deacon
    Deacon
    Community Member

Up to today, I've been able to view my logins on both my Mac, my iPhone, and my PC. All of a sudden, my logins have disappeared from my Firefox browser on my PC. They are visible on the 1password desktop application. Im not very computer literate, so bear with me.

Logins are still viewable on my Mac and iPhone. I have Firefox 27.0.1 installed on both my Mac and PC, and they are in sync. Please help me fix this!

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

@Deacon, it sounds like you have Firefox's extension-sync feature enabled, so the 1Password 4 extension from your Mac was copied to Firefox on Windows. Unfortunately, the new 1Password 4 extension for Firefox on the Mac doesn't work with 1Password for Windows. We're working on version 4 of 1Password for Windows, but for now you'll need to disable Firefox's extension-sync feature, uninstall the 1Password extension in Firefox on your PC, and re-install the compatible extension from within 1Password for Windows. We apologize for the temporary inconvenience.

• icebreaker2
    icebreaker2
    Community Member

1Password 4 extension not opening in Internet Explorer 11 on my PC. When I click kn the extension nothing happens. I removed the extension, re-installed it, disabled my A/V but it still doesn't work. It used to work in version 3.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

@icebreaker2‌, what version of 1Password for Windows are you running?

I ask because the 4.x browser extensions will not work with 1Password 1 for Windows.

If you're using 1Password 4 for Windows, currently in beta development, please send us a diagnostics report, attached to an e-mail message to support+windowsbeta@agilebits.com, and be sure to include a link to this forum thread (http://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/17022).

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.