Checking 1Password helper is definitely running.

Options

I wanted to check the 1Password helper was definitely running. I have had problems with this thing before. A while ago now.
"The 1Password Helper process is experiencing problems. This might prevent Universal Unlock, Keyboard Shortcuts, Autosubmit, and synchronization of data from working."

But to check preference setting, I thought you went to
Please choose the 1Password > Preferences > Extensions pane and enable the checkbox for 'Keep helper running ...'.

But when I go to desktop, 1Password 3,8.11, It has no extensions pane. It has a browser tab

so how do I check 1Password helper is running?

Comments

• playplayplay
    playplayplay
    Community Member
    Options

note: in my activity window (maverick osx) I have 2 1password entries
    one called 1Password
    another called 1PasswordAgent

are either of these the 1Password helper?

• playplayplay
    playplayplay
    Community Member
    Options

because I think what my issue is, I canNOT perform an universal unlock. the firefox addon will not unlock for some reason. It displays a counter instead.

• playplayplay
    playplayplay
    Community Member
    Options

'> in my activity window (maverick osx) I have 2 1password entries one called 1Password another called 1PasswordAgent. are either of these the 1Password helper?

============

Is this correct - Under Activity Window in Maverick OSX?

1Password ---- is a service for the 1password 3 desktop?

1PasswordAgent ---- is a service for the firefox 3.9.20 addon?

if yes, then the question remaining is are either of these the 1Password helper?

• playplayplay
    playplayplay
    Community Member
    Options

Library/Containers/com.agilebits.onepassword-osx-helper

I dont have this folder. Any ideas why a fresh install of both desktop (1password 3.8.11 or 3.8.21) and firefox addon (3.9.20) would not be creating this folder?

How does one check if the helper is running?

Thankyou

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @playplayplay,

Please see my response to your other post here: if you send a Diagnostic Report in to our support team, we'll be able to diagnose your issue and provide you with some detailed steps to get things up and running again! Thanks so much for your help :)

• playplayplay
    playplayplay
    Community Member
    Options

@khad, thanks for your message, I see my sister with her bluntness may have upset your forum rules. No worries. She can be blunt.

Thanks Megan, as I shared I would like to troubleshoot myself and I had hoped support guidance. It is Ok if you cannot help. I will work it out myself. Thankyou.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @playplayplay,

Bluntness is certainly not against the forum rules, but we do want to keep the atmosphere here in the forums as positive and helpful as we can. :)

Now, if you would prefer to troubleshoot these issues on your own, that is certainly your choice, but please understand that the information we can see in the Report can help us guide you to a solution. Our tech gurus are familiar with these Reports and know where to look to spot anomalies. This doesn't mean that you will be left out of the troubleshooting process. However the Diagnostic Report provides us with a lot of information that can be missed in forum conversation.

If you do decide to send in a Diagnostic Report, we'd be happy to help!

This discussion has been closed.