iOS app does not show up on iPad

alecrogers
alecrogers
Community Member

I purchased the 1Password 4 for iOS app for my iPhone/iPad. The app installed successfully on my iPhone, but would not install on my iPad 2. iTunes acted like it was on the iPad but it could not be found on the device; even in the App Store under purchased items it would show up in the list of apps but with neither an option to INSTALL nor an option to OPEN.

I have since upgraded to an iPad Air, restored my data to it from my iPad 2, and still am in the same situation with the new device. From iTunes I have tried removing and reinstalling the app to no avail, and also tried removing from device, then deleting the app from iTunes, repurchasing the app and installing it and again, same results.

I'm getting really frustrated as I use this app on a daily basis on my mobile devices and my MacBook and iMac and have purchased the iOS version twice now.

Please help ASAP!!!

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @alecrogers,

I'm so sorry to hear that you've been having trouble getting 1Password installed on your iPad. Could you check to see if you have any parental controls enabled on the iPad? Because 1Password has a built-in browser, it has to be rated at 17+, so if there are any parental controls enabled, you will not be able to install the app.

• kcrossley
    kcrossley
    Community Member

I'm having the same problem even though I have disabled parental controls.

• kcrossley
    kcrossley
    Community Member

BTW, 1Password does show up in the Apple App Store on my new iPad, it just doesn't think I've purchased the app, which I have and am using on my iPhone 5. Please help.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @kcrossley,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble getting 1Password installed on your iPad. Please make sure that you are signed in with the same AppleID as you made the original purchase, and look for 1Password under the Purchased tab in the App Store.

I'd also like to confirm that you are using 1Password 4 (which is a universal app.) Which icon do you see on your home screen of your iPhone from the following image, #1, #2, or #3?

http://i.agilebits.com/scj/iOS_Versions-20130417-041219.png

• hirsch22
    hirsch22
    Community Member

Similar situation.

Purchased 1Password 4 on my iphone 5 with iOS 7.0.6 yesterday.

Looking for it in the App Store on my iPad Air, logged in under the same AppleID.

It shows up as available for sale when I search, but is not listed when I look within the Purchased tab. It's not on the iPad, and doesn't show as an available cloud download.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @hirsch22‌,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble downloading 1Password right now. The next place you'll want to check is in iTunes - can you install it directly from there?

If you are unable to install it via iTunes, you'll have to contact Apple directly. We have no access to their purchase records, so we can't be much more help to you.

I'm sorry I don't have a better answer for you here - I hope that Apple is able to help :)

• hirsch22
    hirsch22
    Community Member

Figured it out, and I'm almost positive this will answer the question for everyone else as well.

iTunes is notorious for creating new accounts when people activate new devices.

In my case, it turns out that I have two accounts with the same password, one with just a username and another with @gmail.com included.

I was able to install on my ipad after logging out of the "new" itunes account and logging back in using my original account I made the purchase under on my phone.

Apple will not consolidate multiple accounts, so this appears to be the only work-around.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @hirsch22‌,

Thanks so much for letting us know the solution here! I seem to be collecting Apple accounts as well, so it is certainly a good thing to check. I dream of a day when Apple will allow us to combine these duplicate accounts. :)

This discussion has been closed.