Does not sync to iCloud iOS Beta Container

Options
John Schult
John Schult
Community Member
edited March 2014 in iOS

Mac: 4.3.BETA-1 (430001)

iOS: 4.5b41

Still broken when synching to the iOS Beta Container from a Mac. I removed iCloud sync, deleted data from iCloud, did a resync from Mac to iOS Beta Container. I deleted app from iOS, rebooted, and reinstalled the beta. I then tried to Sync with iCloud, iOS app says 1Password data was not found in iCloud. I also tried all of this using the Release Container with the same results.

When I was looking at data stored in iCloud on my Mac (managing it in prefs) I saw a data file called onepassword-ios. I removed it since that is not the one the Mac uses. What is that all about? It never gets recreated no matter which container you select in 1Password for Mac. The only data that gets created is onepassword.

Comments

• d2theustin
    d2theustin
    Community Member
    edited March 2014
    Options

Same thing here with me, I just updated to the release that was released yesterday.. Moderators -- is this a known issue?

• If you sync with iOS Beta app, the data will be in ~/Library/Mobile Documents/8RS32JY83C~com~agilebits~beta~onepassword folder.

You might also see the 8RS32JY83C~com~agilebits~beta~onepassword-ios folder. I believe that it is created automatically by the iOS app. For some reason, iCloud requires the app bundle identifier to be listed first in the entitlements, even when it is not used. We used different bundle identifiers for Mac and iOS apps and the shared iCloud container.

When syncing with iCloud, both iOS and Mac apps simply read and write files into the local folder. We can't see what's happening after the files were written. It is possible that the iCloud server were not updated immediately and because of that the iOS app did not find any data.

If you have a developer account then it will be easy to see if the data was pushed to the iCloud servers: https://developer.icloud.com

• John Schult
    John Schult
    Community Member
    edited March 2014
    Options

I have a developer account. Those folders are both there locally. 8RS32JY83C~com~agilebits~beta~onepassword is on iCloud. iOS still says 1Password data was not found in iCloud.

• Bushwhack
    Bushwhack
    Community Member
    Options

I have the same issue. I can see that both folders exist, however the iOS beta declares that no data was found even though both "8RS32JY83C~com~agilebits~beta~onepassword" and "8RS32JY83C~com~agilebits~beta~onepassword-ios" exist according to developer.icloud.com
    and the mac version is syncing with the beta container.

• donnywdavis
    donnywdavis
    Community Member
    Options

I wanted to reference the thread we had going on the Mac beta forum here since it looks like they are related to the same issue now.

http://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/21707/icloud-sync-with-ios-beta-setup

• John Schult
    John Schult
    Community Member
    Options

iOS Beta 4.5b42 still does not sync to iCloud. Same behavior as before. Glad to see all the fixes, however the one fix that would make it possible to actually use the app is not there :(

• John Schult
    John Schult
    Community Member
    Options

Ugh, I can't even sync to iCloud using any of the betas... Tried using the release container from my Mac and using the app store iOS app and synching to iCloud. Yeah that doesn't work either. No data found on iCloud. Except there is data on iCloud. I checked developer.icloud.com.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8pxdr7j9zyf3us4/Screenshot 2014-03-15 08.52.24.png

Clearly something is wrong here. Either 1Password simply doesn't work at all using iCloud or I have some sort of anomalous condition. I get it, it's software development, but I write software too. Help me help you :)

• I am sorry for the delay, everyone! I hope to fix this issue today.

• We found the problem. Let us know if the next beta build works for you. We'll publish it later tonight or tomorrow.

• Bushwhack
    Bushwhack
    Community Member
    Options

Clearing keychain from iCloud and starting off a fresh sync I can confirm that iCloud syncing works as expected. Fast with no delays.

Thanks!!

• Nik
    Nik
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Excellent. Thank you for the update, @Bushwhack‌!

• John Schult
    John Schult
    Community Member
    Options

I confirm that it is working now also :)

• d2theustin
    d2theustin
    Community Member
    edited March 2014
    Options

@roustem I am not able to get this working. I have tried deleting the keychain from iCloud, then syncing again on my desktop. I get a notification that there was a problem syncing on desktop, then when I go to sync on iPad I get an error message, see attached screenshot.

**Edit: I got this working. After deleting the 1Password data from iCloud I went back to the computer, turned off syncing, turned it back on to the iOS beta container, waited about 5 minutes and tried again and it worked.

Thanks!

• Bushwhack
    Bushwhack
    Community Member
    Options

I think iCloud is slightly delayed in reporting the existence of these files to the iOS app because even though the mac version said "sync completed" or "last sync 1 minute ago" it was still several minutes before the iOS app located it.

This discussion has been closed.