sbondi
Community Member
edited March 2014 in Mac

Same seems to be true in iOS

Comments

• sbondi
    sbondi
    Community Member

If this is the plan, will you create another item called something like "Custom Note", so that it can be used for customized notes? If not, please allow the deletion of the default section (currently is allowed, but seems to recreate itself eventually), so I can use an item like "Database" as the foundation for my custom notes.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2013

@sbondi asked:

… will you create another item called something like "Custom Note", so that it can be used for customized notes?

Or, if possible, how about a more freeform "Generic" category for items that only require a title, with optional notes and other custom fields? That might be most effective until custom categories are supported:

We'll see what we can do to improve the templates in 1Password 4 and find a way to get custom categories in the future of 1Password.

• rdg
    rdg
    Community Member

I like the idea of a "Generic" category - I often find that I create a Secure Note when I can't work out which category to use, unfortunately the Secure Note usually ends up as a "blob" of text, it'd be helpful if the Secure Note could have some kind of "label" and "value" fields like other item types.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for the feedback, @rgreen. Being able to add custom fields to Secure Notes or maybe a separate customizable "Generic" category would be useful.

• hesspaul
    hesspaul
    Community Member
    edited March 2014

+1 "Me too" on the Generic category idea. My preference would be for a generic category with a title and optional everything else. Lable/Value pairs, Section headers, and notes all optional. Then I could continue to use the predefined yellow notes category as traditional note blobs of text.

• MikeT
    edited March 2014

Hi @hesspaul,

Thanks for your vote on the generic or custom category, I'll add it to our tracker.

As for the Secure Note with custom fields, the latest news is that we do want to expand Secure Notes to support custom fields for 1Password in the future but we don't have further information on when it might happen.

_PS: Since this is no longer related to our betas, I've moved this to the general 1Password 4 for Mac forum. _

This discussion has been closed.