Firefox 23 upgrade - strange behavior in 1 Password extension

jcalnan
jcalnan
Community Member
edited August 2013 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I'm running: Windows 7 Service Pack 1 64 bit, 1Password extension 3.9.19, Firefox 23.

Since the upgrade to Firefox was applied, my 1Password extension is behaving strangely. It opens ok, and lists my logins,

When I click the > to access settings such as the "submit" drop-down, the 1Password window goes blank. The options for the dropdown control actually appear in the lower left hand side of my browser window (opposite corner from where the 1Password window is), and even when selected the window remains blank. The only way I can see information in the 1Password window again is to close Firefox and reopen it.

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Could you post a screenshot of what you are seeing? I'm not having any trouble with the exact same version combination, but I'd love to figure out what is going wrong on your system.

What happens if you create a new Firefox profile with only the 1Password extension installed? Does the issue persist in the new profile?

• archifishal
    archifishal
    Community Member
    edited August 2013

I'm seeing the same issue - unfortunately I restarted the plugin in order to log into this site, so can't take a snapshot :)

Basically it works fine for a while, but eventually it breaks and just displays a blank window when you tap the 1Password icon - it can be fixed by going to Addons, and then disabling and re-enabling the plugin (rather than restarting Firefox).

If it happens again I'll try and get more info - maybe there will be something useful in the debug console.

(This is Windows XP 32-bit, Firefox 23)

• archifishal
    archifishal
    Community Member

Actually I think it just 'stops responding' - here's a subtly different issue where I've been on one site (our internal intranet site), and then gone to Google to login, but the list of logins hasn't refreshed to reflect this.

I couldn't see anything useful in the Debug console, but this is a relatively common recurring problem, so if there's any debugging I can do to help track it down let me know.

Alex.

• archifishal
    archifishal
    Community Member

Password generator screen not relaid out correctly after the plugin 'breaks'.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for following up on this, Alex!

I've been on one site (our internal intranet site), and then gone to Google to login, but the list of logins hasn't refreshed to reflect this.

We're aware of this issue and should have a fix in an update. It appears to be something Firefox 23 broke since it still works fine in Firefox 22 (if that is an option for you).

Password generator screen not relaid out correctly after the plugin 'breaks'.

I think we've got a handle on this one as well, but I will definitely post back if we need any more information from you.

Thanks again. :)

• wsf
    wsf
    Community Member

I would note that this behavior is not Windows centric. My Mac running Firefox 23 has similar problems. In addition to the plugin seeming to have db issues, the current address field at the top will usually reflect a former site. I have installed the beta version of the plugin with no luck.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

That's correct, @wsf. We have a thread for this in the Mac Browser Extensions category. I should have linked it sooner:

Fill and Submit not listing correct Logins in Firefox 23

Thanks for mentioning this.

• archifishal
    archifishal
    Community Member

Any news on this being fixed? (still seems to be broken with Firefox 24 too)

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi Alex,

Thanks for checking in on us! Unfortunately, we're still seeing this issue from several users. We've written a post here with some workarounds:

http://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/15959/trouble-in-firefox-24-wrong-logins-blank-extension-etc#latest

But believe me, we're keeping our fingers crossed that this one gets fixed soon.

• archifishal
    archifishal
    Community Member

Hello again :) Just wondered if you knew what the latest was on this issue in Firefox (28 now) :) (still seeing issues from time to time - if I disable/reenable the 1Password extension it fixes it for a while, but still not great)

• archifishal
    archifishal
    Community Member

I've just downloaded the 1Password 4 beta, so I'll see how I get on with that :)

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Thanks, Alex! Please report any problems in the beta forum: http://discussions.agilebits.com/categories/1password-windows-beta-builds

This discussion has been closed.