Does iOS sync the note field, for a "Login" entry?

michuser49
michuser49
Community Member

I sync between 1Password on the Mac and 1Password in iOS.

My question relates to a login entry (a bank account) with my userid and password. When I created this entry (in OSX) I also included text in the "notes" field -- to include additional information about this bank. However, this "notes" field is not being synced to iOS -- all I see on my iPhone is the username and password. Obviously I could create a separate entry (as a Secure Note), and type the additional information there -- and it will then sync. But it's cleaner to keep this bank's info in one entry, namely the Login. Hence the question: should the iOS app be syncing the "notes" field for a Login? Thanks.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @michuser49,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble keeping things synced up right now. 1Password should be syncing all the details of your Login entry. I'd like you to go to Settings > Sync on your iOS device and tap 'Sync Now'. Does a fresh sync bring the notes field over?

If you're still having difficulties, please let me know the version numbers of 1Password on both your iOS device and your Mac, and the version numbers of your operating systems. I'd also like to know what you are using to keep 1Password in sync. :)

• michuser49
    michuser49
    Community Member

Thanks for the reply!

"Settings - Sync" does not bring the notes field over, unfortunately.

I'm using Dropbox to sync.

I have 4.3.2 on my iPhone 4S (which is running iOS 7.1), and 4.2.2 on my MacBook Air (which is using Mavericks 10.9.2).

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @michuser49,

Thanks for trying that out for me. I've got two more things for you to test here:

• Right-click on the entry and select 'Duplicate'.
    • Give this entry a unique title so you can find it easily on your iOS device.
    • Does the duplicate appear in full on your iOS device?

If it doesn't, we need to find out where sync is getting messed up. Please log into 1Password Anywhere:

• Open www.dropbox.com
    • Find your 1Password.agilekeychain
    • Look inside for the 1Password.html file and click on it
    • 1Password Anywhere will open and prompt you for your Master Password
    • Does your entry show up here with the notes intact?

Please let me know the results of these tests!

• michuser49
    michuser49
    Community Member

Thanks!

I created a duplicate of the Login entry (in 1Password4 on my Mac). I then went into the app on my iPhone, and told it to sync with Dropbox.

The newly-created duplicate did appear -- in full, with all data, including the "notes" field. Yay!

So I am not following the second part of your directions, which all follow if/when the new duplicate did not appear.

In my case, it's still a mystery why the first entry (the one originally created) is not syncing that field. I suppose I can simply delete it now, on both iPhone and Mac, and rely on the newly created duplicate. Right? If so, that's fine, and it solves my immediate question/problem.

However, it leaves me just a little bit apprehensive -- it's possible that some unknown number of entries are also not syncing in full, unless I create this manual duplicate. I only realized that this one wasn't working because I was checking for it, specifically. But I have several hundred entries, so obviously I'd rather not have to experiment with every one. Is there any way to batch check for accuracy, to be sure this issue isn't occurring elsewhere?

Thanks again!!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @michuser49‌,

I'm so glad to hear that duplicating the entry got the all the details syncing properly!

Now, I certainly understand why you might feel a bit concerned about the rest of your database. Let's take a closer look at your system to see if we can figure out just where things went wonky. Could you please send us a Diagnostics Report?

http://learn.agilebits.com/1Password4/diagnostic-report.html

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• michuser49
    michuser49
    Community Member

Done -- email has been sent. Thanks!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @michuser49‌,

We've received your Diagnostic Report, thanks for sending it in! Our support team will reply directly via email to avoid creating any confusion between here and there. :)

This discussion has been closed.