Why is the identities not synched to the Iphone

inthegetto
inthegetto
Community Member
edited December 1969 in iOS
I had to use one of my identities - which I have my sons birthday and SSN and while at bank I noticed they are not there. Yes I know I should remember my sons birthday but I am getting old :) Does anyone know if it is a setting from 1password from mac that I need to change?

Comments

• Nik
    Nik
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 1969
    Sorry for the inconvenience, inthegetto, there is no setting to change for this. Identities are not currently sync'ed to 1Password touch. This is something that may change in the future, but we don't have any concrete plans.
  • Roger39
    edited December 1969
    justG wrote:
    Sorry for the inconvenience, inthegetto, there is no setting to change for this. Identities are not currently sync'ed to 1Password touch. This is something that may change in the future, but we don't have any concrete plans.

This is very unfortunate and is a real shortcoming in the touch version. I hope to see a change soon. Why have it in one version and not in the other?
  • Nik
    Nik
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 1969
    Thanks for letting us know it's important to you, Roger, and welcome to the forums.
  • pendolino
    pendolino
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    i agree that 1Password for iPhone should sync identities. I have multiple addresses saved there plus other details and was wondering where they were since everything else is synced.

this seems to have been a design choice on the part of developers and not a technical limitation so i recommend just adding it to one of the secondary menus for those people that need it or make it a selectable option in the settings.
  • for1passwd
    for1passwd
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    I would also like to say that I was surprised when I did not find this synched on my iPhone and was left hunting for it when I needed to give my address and phone details at a bank. ( I too have multiple addresses). I had to go back home and send it later from my Mac. Duplicating the same info in 1Password thru wallet is an overhead.

I use 1Password on my iPhone as my portable secure Vault for my own lookup. Any data which is not synched from my MAC does limit my ability to be productive. I feel that your users will understand that there are limitations on the iPhone which will not give the same functionality as on a mac, but depriving them the choice of accessing their own data does leave a negative taste behind especially when 1Password is known to be well designed tool.

I hope this feature is not thrown down in priority. We need this!

Thanks,
    Rajiv
This discussion has been closed.