1Password 4 Beta on BB 10.2.1.176

aavoskuilen
aavoskuilen
Community Member

I do have the 1Password Reader working on my BB Q10 however without dropbox sync. I use it with a local password file. The new 1Password 4 Beta is working so far on my phone but because of the screensize 720x720 I cannot login.

Can you make the startup screen scrollable?

Comments

• Hey @aavoskuilen. While we don't officially support BlackBerry OS, I will pass on this request to our developers. Thanks for letting us know, and let me know if you have any questions.

• aavoskuilen
    aavoskuilen
    Community Member
    edited February 2014

In the latest update (b4 B9) it is still not possible.

• Beta 10 was released today with some sync changes. Can you please verify if it helps?

• Garys
    Garys
    Community Member

I have just moved over to a BB Q10 and now also cannot log in using Beta 11 because the screen size is too small and it is not possible to scroll down. I know you don't officially support BB but there are lots of BB users who have been waiting for a good Android version of 1Password and making the opening screen scrollable should be possible.

• Hey @Garys. Thanks for confirming this issue still exists in beta 11. Please keep in mind 1Password Beta does not support devices with screen width less than 360dp, that includes Android devices too.

Have you tried setting up folder sync instead? Does that work on your BlackBerry?

• Garys
    Garys
    Community Member

Perhaps I'm missing something but my problem is that I cannot even open 1Password on the Q10. I get the (partial) opening screen but cannot access the login window that would actually access the working program. Does folder sync get around this problem in some way? When I looked up folder sync on your website, I found the following sentence which seems to suggest it isn't a solution: "This option (folder sync) doesn’t work with mobile devices, though; it’s only for syncing your vault with other computers."

• Hey @Garys. I apologize for my misunderstanding, I was thinking you were having trouble going through Dropbox's authentication screen on your BlackBerry 10. Folder sync is one of the sync methods introduced in 1Password Beta for Android, and there isn't any documentations up for it yet. We will be adding them shortly, as the beta becomes ready for launch.

1Password Beta for Android is not designed for smaller screen such as the BlackBerry Q10. I have created an internal bug report with the screenshots provided by one of our BB Q10 users, and our developers will review the issue and determine whether they can fix it in an upcoming beta. If it's as simple as allowing the screen to be scrollable, it may be implemented. But again, this is completely up to our developers. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

This discussion has been closed.