Multiple Issues!

Options
glindsey
glindsey
Community Member
edited March 2014 in Android

Hey, I am testing the Mac beta along with the Android beta. So, I will leave it to you to sort out which beta or betas is causing the sync problems. Both may be at fault, as I can neither dropbox sync from the Mac to the Android phone or visa-versa. Also, I cannot sync to an iPad from the Android phone.

Here are the issues that I am experiencing while running !Password Beta for Android, version 4.0.0b11 (Build 20140307) on an HTC One with Android version 4.4.2.:

1. Cannot sync data via Dropbox Sync over a home wifi network with a Mac running OS X, Version 10.9.2 or with an iPad Retina Mini running version 4.3.2 of 1Password.

2. I edited a login entry that was not originally created on the phone and instead of listing my login credentials right below the login entry in the login list, it lists “gibberish”-random letters and numbers

3. A new login that was created on the phone will not automatically enter login credentials on the web site after connecting to it. Also, the icon for this login will not display at all, either in the list format or on the individual login page.

4. I do not see the option for sharing a login link with someone else like on the desktop. I would love to be able to send a link to myself on my Mac or iPad since the syncing is not working, or even to another user, but to my knowledge, no such option exists. Perhaps this is a feature you could add later!

Comments

• glindsey
    glindsey
    Community Member
    edited March 2014
    Options

Updates:

1. Not getting the "failed sync" message on my Android phone. New information entered on the phone, however, is not syncing to either my Mac laptop or to my Mac Mini Retina.

2. Problem persists: In the list of logins, right below the name and icon of the login, the user's name is supposed to display. Instead of my login name, I am getting a long string of letters and numbers - i.e. "gibberish".U@FadGVkX1+....... This is obviously a bug, as on my Mac, this same login correctly displays my login ID for this site.

3. FIXED. I rebooted my phone, cleared out the cache, and also made sure that the site was not set to save my login data ( could create conflicts) Now the login is entering the login credentials on the site and the icon for the login displays correctly.

4. I will list this under a separate post as a feature request.

• saad
    Options

Hey @glindsey. Let's figure out what's going on:

1. Could you please verify all of the options in your sync setting are enabled? Please open 1Password on Android, go into Settings > Sync, and ensure sync is enabled, along with all of these options are checked: "Sync Automatically", "Sync using Cellular Data", and "Notify Sync Completion". Return back to your list of Categories using the sidebar and tap on the sync icon on the navigation bar. This will start the sync process. Let me know if that resolves the issue.

2. There is a bug in the list view where the username under the login title is not updated after the very first sync. Changes to the username will not reflect in the list view. Please expect a fix for this in a future beta update.

3. Glad to hear you found a way to fix this. Thanks for letting us know.

4. Thanks! Here's the link to the post.

• glindsey
    glindsey
    Community Member
    Options
    1. Saad, thanks to the info you provided with regards to the settings, the Android is now syncing just fine with the iPad Mini 2. But neither the Android or the iPad Mini 2 will sync with my MacBook. I am running a beta of 1Password on my MacBook, so I will follow up with the sync issues on that forum.
  • glindsey
    glindsey
    Community Member
    Options

Updates: Syncing is now working between all three devices: The phone, the iPad and the Macbook. But here is what is interesting: In order to trigger the MacBook to sync, I had to initiate a new secure note from the Macbook. That did it! Then the other information that I had entered on the Android and on the iPad began syncing with it. So, if someone has this problem, they need to create a new item on the device that is not syncing and if all of their other settings are correct, then it should work for them.

• saad
    edited March 2014
    Options

I'm happy to hear syncing is working across all of your devices now. Thanks for letting us know how you managed to fix it, I am sure it will help others experiencing similar sync problems.

This discussion has been closed.