Trouble setting up sync on iPad

squawk1200
squawk1200
Community Member
edited April 2014 in iOS

I setup 1password for Mac on my wife's Mac, she is getting used to it and likes it, but after downloading 1password on her ipad3, I cannot figure out how to get it to see the same password file as is used on her Mac, online help is useless, any ideas?

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @squawk1200‌,

To sync your data between 1Password for Mac and 1Password 4 for iOS, you'll need to choose a sync solution. If your wife has 1Password 4 on her Mac, you can sync using Dropbox, iCloud or Wi-Fi. Each of those links includes directions on how to set sync up on the Mac. The instructions for setting up sync on your iOS devices are here: Sync Guide for 1Password 4 for iOS.

It sounds like you've already looked through some of these documents online, so please tell me where in the process things are getting tangled up. I'd be happy to walk you through the process in more detail. :)

• squawk1200
    squawk1200
    Community Member

i hate mac. every time i consider ditching my laptop and going apple next time, some apple twerkiness pops up and i say no way....

i have no idea how i told it to sync on the mac when i installed it, and i don't recall it ever asking me. after spending the last half hour struggling with the mac, how do i tell the mac to sync between mac/ipad/iphone using her dropbox account?

• squawk1200
    squawk1200
    Community Member

and i see no freakin' 1password menu bar as shown at http://learn.agilebits.com/1Password4/iOS/Sync/Dropbox/dropbox-all-2.html

• squawk1200
    squawk1200
    Community Member

never mind, got it, thanks, i just needed to be pointed in the right direction, now appears to be syncing fine via dropbox.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @squawk1200‌,

Thanks so much for letting me know that you are all sorted out! I do apologize that it was such a process for you though. If you run into any further snags with 1Password, please don't hesitate to ask - we're here to help!

This discussion has been closed.