Turn off "Backup completed" notifications in Notification Center [removed in 4.2 update]

Options
sanmarcos
sanmarcos
Community Member
edited March 2014 in Mac

I could not care about completed backups, only when they fail.

Has this feature ever been implemented http://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/14278/cannot-turn-off-backup-complete-notification/p1 ?

I'd rather not turn off Notifications completely for 1Password in System Preferences...

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @sanmarcos,

Thanks for checking in on us! I don't have much of an update for you here except to say that this suggestion is in our issue tracker, and I've added a vote to let developers know you are keen to see this option. :)

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

As long as you're tracking this, if it becomes possible to disable these notifications, my vote is to make sure it's an option whether or not to do that. I appreciate seeing them from time to time.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

I agree with you @hawkmoth.

Stephen

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @hawkmoth and @Stephen_C,

Thanks so much for adding your feedback here. While I (of course) can't say for sure what form this change might take, odds are that users would be given an option to disable some or all notifications, rather than removing notifications themselves.

I also enjoy seeing that back-up notification every now and then :) It's nice to know things are backed up safely.

• kindjar
    kindjar
    Community Member
    Options

I have found these notifications irritating because there's no action I need to take, and the "Show" button that prompts me to do something doesn't seem to work. I'd rather get a notification when a backup failed -- that's worth taking notice of.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @kindjar,

Notifications for successful 1Password backups were removed in the 4.2 update, which was noted in another topic: here. I hope that helps. :)

This discussion has been closed.