Great news

Options
Ujpesti
Ujpesti
Community Member

I have been waiting for a long time for a new Android version of 1Password. With this I can finally add items on my phone and the syncing worked great. One note to make. I have a lot of secure notes, some with attachments. When trying to view a PDF file the wrong apps come up and I don't get an option to choose the right app which in this case would be Adobe Reader that I have on my phone. I don't know if this is a local problem on my phone? Other than that this version validates much faster and the whole program seems to run a lot faster than the old one. Great job!
p.s. an alphabet on the side would be nice to be able to pick the letter associated with the note.

Comments

• abaker
    abaker
    Community Member
    Options

I also cannot open PDF attachments from secure notes

• Hi @Ujpesti and @abaker,

I'm glad to hear that you're excited about the 1Password 4 beta on Android. We're very excited about it to and working hard to get it ready for final release.

Before attempting to troubleshoot the PDF attachment issue that you are experiencing, could I get both of you to double-check that you are on the latest version of the 1Password beta (4.0.0b9)? If so, can you confirm that the problem still exists? The reason I ask is that there were several changes made to attachment handling leading up to beta 9, so it may be that the issue has already been fixed.

If the issue has not been fixed, could I get you to try creating a new secure note in the desktop version of 1Password. Then add a new PDF attachment (one that you are not currently syncing) to that secure note and wait for it to sync. Once it does, could you check your Android device to see if the new attachment is readable in 1Password and that it opens correctly.

• bnpluss
    bnpluss
    Community Member
    edited March 2014
    Options

I am having the same issue. Unable to open PDF attachments. When I click on the attachment, it gives me the option to open it in HTMLViewer or Root Explorer - neither of which work to view the PDF. Hopefully a fix for this is on the way!

• saad
    edited March 2014
    Options

Hey @bnpluss. Thanks for your feedback, I added your vote for this request! Do you have a PDF viewer installed on your device by any chance?

This discussion has been closed.