Search and item list fail to update after sync completes

bubbaralph
bubbaralph
Community Member

Recently I've noticed an odd behavior in 1Password for iPhone: the only way items newly created on my Mac and synced via dropbox to the phone will show up in the "All Items" list (or a search within it) is if I return to the "Categories" list and then drill back down to the "All Items" list.

What happens is that when I return to 1Password and unlock it, the app puts me on the all items list view (which I like). While it syncs, I search for something like "yahoo", since I recently changed my password there and need to input it into an app. Since the sync was still going, of course I still see the entries I deleted since the last time I opened the iOS app. Once the sync completes, the search doesn't update itself based on the changes. As well, when I clear the search and re-search the "All Items" list again, the changes still aren't reflected. I have to use the top-left "Categories" navigation button to go back a screen then back down into "All Items" before the changes show up.

It would be nice if all of the views updated after the sync completed to reflect the changed information. A warning modal, or "sync completed" alert overlaying the tab or navigation bar, would be nice and would alert the user that the information is about to be updated so they aren't surprised if the list "jumps" with changed data. I love the subtlety of the spinning gears on the "Settings" tab icon, but I have to really pay attention to it, and they also sometimes seem to spin even when the app isn't actively syncing.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @bubbaralph‌,

Thanks so much for bringing this to our attention. Our developers are working on a great update to 1Password that should improve this behaviour. :)

This discussion has been closed.