Where is 1Password 4.2 for Mac update? [website version available; MAS version will come from Apple]

2»

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Hi @tiantai,

Earlier, in a topic that's now merged with the one with your question, @ralphdaily asked:

Will the pending MAS 4.2 update introduce the same sync bug as the current website download? Just want to know whether to hold off when the update appears

… and @JasperP answered:

The latest website version (4.2.2) should have the sync issues fixed. Version 4.2.2 is the version that will be released on the Mac App Store once Apple approves it. Version 4.2 won't appear on the Mac App Store, as it had some sync issues.

That's the same answer for yours, too. :)

• albertoc
    albertoc
    Community Member

I have 1PW for Mac version 4.1.2. I purchased it via the Apple Store. I noticed that there is now a new 4.2.2 version on the agile bits website, but when I look for updates in the Apple Store there are none. How come? Can I download the version from the website and update my version with than one? This is confusing ...
    Thanks,

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Hi @albertoc,

I've moved your post into another topic with answers about the 1Password 4.2.2 update. It'll be available in the Mac App Store as soon as Apple finishes reviewing and approving it. Switching to the website version is possible, but it uses a different 1Password database than the Mac App Store version so we suggest simply waiting for that forthcoming 4.2.2 MAS update. :)

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Hi @AndrewParker,

Ignorance is bliss? Seems Apple's on spring break. :)

Hopefully for all, the next MAS status update is the update.

• ronen
    ronen
    Community Member
    edited March 2014

I'm also waiting for the upgrade through AppStore .. 4.1.2 - 4.2.2
    ^:)^

Timothy Donald "Tim" Cook , please iinstruct someone ;)

• Me too. :) I happen to use the App Store version for my day to day usage. Unfortunately it sounds like it may be a little bit longer before the update is available. We'd much rather delay the update than release something that is half baked.

Thanks!

Ben

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @ronen,

Thanks so much for your patience! We'll release the MAS version just as soon as it is ready. :)

• AndreGB
    AndreGB
    Community Member

Thanks for the info, guys. 1Password works great for me, so I am not THAT anxious about 4.2.2. I do wish, though, you made the Credit Card auto-filling engine more powerful. To this day, I wasn't able to fill any CC form with 1Password.

• Oxon
    Oxon
    Community Member

Still no sign nearly 2 weeks on. Has the 4.2 update been rejected by Apple?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @AndrewParker,

Thanks for checking in on us here! As you may have noticed in the forums here, a few issues have been detected in the 4.2 release. Our developers have managed to properly squash these bugs, so we've decided that the best course of action here is to simply skip to the next release so that Mac App Store customers get the fixes to these issues, instead of having to work around them first. I know that there are some nice improvements in 4.2 that you're all excited to see, so I do apologize for the inconvenience here.

As usual, we can't comment on when the next version will be released, as there are too many factors involved, many of which (like Apple's review process) are completely beyond our control.

We very much appreciate your patience and understanding here - we'll do our best to have the new awesomeness available soon! :)

• BD1
    BD1
    Community Member

Any estimate when this will be available?

• DTM
    DTM
    Community Member

Did Apple find these "bugs" when Agile submitted the update or was it the people here informing Agile?

It just seems for software so many, including me, rely on for some serious information - there are a lot of serious bugs in every update. Let alone from the 4.0 initial release. I know for me I seriously cringe thinking if I should click update when it comes in. Now that I have 4.1.2, working and syncing for all my devices (iMac, MBP, iPhone & iPad) after many hours/days/weeks getting 1PW to work. Lots of reading here too for direction to solve issues.

• mobidutch
    mobidutch
    Community Member

That's disappointing. If your developers have already managed to properly squash the bugs...why not resubmit it for release? Is there perhaps a cost associated with each submission? If not, I would rather get all the 4.2.x benefits now, and be a happy recipient of more awesome new stuff in whatever release comes up next. After all...if you hold off now until the next release, who is to say that release will not also experience this same delay? I bet if you took a poll of your customer base, they would much rather see you not wait, but resubmit your fixes now....

• telephoneman
    telephoneman
    Community Member
    edited March 2014

Hi guys, where is 4.2.x in MAS - it was official released since few days, but no update in MAS until now?

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Hey everyone,

I've merged some topics with inquiries about availability of the next 1Password 4 update from Mac App Store. Briefly summarizing, we're skipping to the next release for that update. Please refer to @Megan's earlier post (#40) for more information about this.

• tiantai
    tiantai
    Community Member

It's been several weeks and the 1Password 4 update for the MacApp Store version is still not showing up :-( Any reason that Apple is delaying the release of this update? As far as I know, it generally doesn't take several weeks for them to approve a new version. What's going on?

• btjones34711
    btjones34711
    Community Member

It's March 27 and the App Store has not yet accepted 4.2.x - Have you heard anything from Apple explaining the hold-up? This is frustrating.

• pbGuy
    pbGuy
    Community Member

See the Agile Teams responses at this link...

• tiantai
    tiantai
    Community Member

Hmm... @pbGuy, your link doesn't really answer my question. I'm not having any sync problems. My question is how come the update for the MAS version is taking so long to propagate. Why the roadblock/speed bump from Apple?

• Erikvd
    Erikvd
    Community Member

Is there a problem with 4.2.x, why Apple has not yet accepted this version in the App Store?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @AndrewParker,

I sincerely apologize if you are feeling like a poor relation here! That was certainly not our intent. Please understand that when we said that 4.2 was currently being reviewed by Apple, it was undergoing the review process. During this process however, as we noticed the bugs that users were reporting, we decided it was best not to release it in its current form.

As I've mentioned above, 4.2 will not be released through the Mac App Store. Our developers are putting the final touches on 4.3 at the moment, and we hope to have it available for all users soon. Of course I can't provide many more details than that, because we don't want to get your hopes up, but we understand your frustration here and we'll do our best to get the latest and greatest version of 1Password out as soon as possible.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2014

Hey @tiantai, @btjones34711, @Erikvd.

Please refer to @Megan's recent replies about the status of the next 1Password 4 update from the Mac App Store. Thanks!

• shadylane318
    shadylane318
    Community Member

I read about the Mac store app being update in the coming days. It's been about 2 weeks and still no update. Do we know when it will go through? I would really like to edit my username and passwords for 1password mini!

• tiantai
    tiantai
    Community Member

Got it. Essentially then v4.2 or 4.2.1 will not release on the MacApp Store and we're waiting for Agilebits to finish v4.3 which then will be reviewed by Apple then finally released. Gotcha.

Mmmmm. ... About 3 weeks? ;-)

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Hi @tiantai,

We can't be sure yet which specific version numbers the next website and Mac App Store updates will have or estimate how long it will be until they're released.

You can get some idea of development progress by looking at the 1Password 4 for Mac Release Notes page with Show betas enabled. :)

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @shadylane318‌,

I've merged your post with an existing discussion. Please see my posts above for details on the issue. :)

This discussion has been closed.