Installing family license on second computer

Options
mthomas2001
mthomas2001
Community Member
edited March 2014 in Mac

I bought a family license and installed successfully on my MacBook. I figured out how to download the license on my second Macbook, but when I try to set up on the second computer, the only option seems to be dropbox or iCloud. I only want to use wifi sync because I do not want the information stored elsewhere. How can I transfer the data from my first macbook to my second (and next I will want to set it up on my Windows PC) by only using wifi sync?

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mthomas2001‌,

Unfortunately at this point, Wi-Fi sync is only available between Mac and iOS. If you have 1Password installed on an iOS device, you can use the iOS device to ensure that both Macs are updated with the same information. Please understand that Wi-Fi sync is still a relatively new sync solution (1Password 4 was initially released without Wi-Fi sync) and our developers are still working to improve this solution and make it more convenient, while still keeping it secure.

If your computers are on a shared home network, you could use Folder Sync to keep your data synced up.

I'm sorry that I don't have a better answer for you here right now, but I'd be happy to help if you have any further questions!

This discussion has been closed.